PDA

View Full Version : Bag to match orange or red bugaboo stroller?

martycw
01-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Just wanted some thoughts... I finally decided on a bugaboo (in red or orange) and I'll probably get a black Skip Hop to put on the handles, but I also wanted another bag. Originally, I was thinking of Petunia PickleBottom, but I'm not sure any of them would go well with any of the bugaboo colors. Any advice or pics would be appreciated!

ILoveLT
01-26-2005, 12:04 AM
I have found the Skip Hop to be too heavy for the Bugaboo handle, unless you don't put much in it. Mariana posted a photo of a red and orange Bandicoot on the red Bugaboo and it was very cute! Also, the Bandicoot is smaller so it will probably be better for the handle and also fit the basket on the bottom (the Skip Hop is too big for the basket).

I have the red bug and think it's great, except a bit inconvenient due to the two step fold. Heidi Klum has the same stroller and it was in Redbook last month! I've been using the Mac Quest a lot lately because it's easier to take in and out of the car and on the subway. If money were not an issue, I would buy the Combi I-Thru too, but now I have my heart set on some new Hanna clothes for DD.

Rita

lmariana
01-26-2005, 09:03 AM
1. The Loom Marsupials or Bandicoots look awesome on Bugaboos! The colors match so well, you really can't go wrong.

2. Rita, don't waste your money on a Combi I-Thru, it's horrible! I bought one and returned it. The steering is terrible, even with two hands, you have to recline the seat all the way to fold the stroller, the recline is easy to get down, but you can't just push the seat back up like with every other stroller out there, you have to re-adjust it up, poorly designed canopy...I could go on and on! I can't believe they are charging $300 for that stroller. I could see paying $150, but not $300. Okay, off my soapbox!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

MeredithsMom
01-26-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm engaged in the same (so far fruitless) search! I have found that my black Skip Hop does do fairly well on the Bugaboo, though. Stangely enough, it was better in messenger strap mode, with the strap shortened, and then hung over the handle (further down). I found that in stroller strap mode the bag hung pretty low and got in the way more. I also saw a Kecci in The Right Start (at our mall, so I had the Bug with me) and the black fireworks pattern complemented the stroller nicely. I also noticed that the Kecci has little rings on either side of the bag, and that those hung nicely from the Bugaboo bag clips (an add-on I highly recommend!). So the Kecci might be an alternative to the PPB.

HTH!

ILoveLT
02-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Mariana:

Thanks for letting me know about the I-Thru. (Sorry, I just read your note to me today on 2/19.) I decided the money would be better spent on clothes and other things since I already have three strollers. But good to know I'm not missing much.

I just got a Bandicoot today and it does not seem to match my red Bugaboo that well! Could it be because of my lighting at home? It seems to be a darker red than the Bug. The Loom watermelon thing they sent me seems to match a lot better (like a bright red; whereas the Bandicoot is a deeper red). Are the new Bandicoots a darker red?

Thanks.

Rita

lmariana
02-19-2005, 09:38 AM
That stinks about the matching problem, I'm sorry! I know Loom did slightly redesign the Bandicoot, so if you have one of the new ones, it may have a different fabric. The new ones have nylon webbing backpack straps that are adjustable and my older one has ballistic nylon non-adjustable straps.

Also, different dye lots may give individual bags different shades. I had an Avocado Marsupial that had a darker dye line across the front, so I know it's possible.

Do you have an REI or Apple store nearby? If so, go in and try to find a red Timbuk2 product. Maybe that red will match better?

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051024/0/21/1/-5/.png

ILoveLT
02-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Mariana:

Wow, you are so knowledgeable about diaper bags! I didn't know they redesigned their bags. I'm not going to make a big deal about the exact match--that's getting a little ridiculous! Nice to know the straps are now adjustable. It kind of matches but I know it can't be an exact match to the Bugaboo unless you buy a Bugaboo bag.

I don't have time to really go search for stores, that's why I shop online!

Thanks for the info.

Rita