PDA

View Full Version : To pattern or not to pattern?...that is the question!

debbiet.
01-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi ladies,

All of my dipe bags are solid or have a little piping or color.
Looking for a great pattern, that I will not get sick of.

What do you all love? No asian prints, please. They are gorgeous but not really my style.

I really like some of the MS patterns but thinking I may get totally sick of it after a while. Has anyone purchased a patterned bag and got really sick of it after a while—that is my fear!

Should I pattern or not?

TIA!

Deb
Mommy to Joelle

writeleigh
01-25-2005, 08:02 PM
I do not get sick of my patterned bags, but I am a color and pattern kind of gal LOL.

Have you looked at the patterns for the Timi&Leslie bags? They come in a broad range of subdued to vibrant.

newmomto1
01-25-2005, 09:08 PM
FWIW....
I am a BLACK BAG GAL!!!
I don't like patterns, flowery stuff, asian brocades, etc.
That said...
I recently got a T&L Lina Large Bebe bag (which is brown, asian brocade w/ flowers) & I absolutely LOVE it! It is so classy looking & pretty!!
I don't see myself getting sick of this bag anytime in the near future.
I have to say that it feels really nice to have something "different".
I totally surprised myself with this purchase & plan on adding more "different" things to my bag collection & wardrobe!!
HTH :-)

mams99
01-25-2005, 09:42 PM
This is about the ONLY asian print I've seen I could live with as it's not OUT THERE in print. It's very subtle with the nice deep rich tones.

Other patterns I can live with are usually geometric patterns. Flowers never as I would feel they were silly after awhile or something, but geometric patterns and subtle prints are OK.

It's fun to try something "a little" out there and if you like it, you might expand even further!

Melissa

debbiet.
01-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Those are really great. I guess I would like the more low key patterns, and the bag seems really popular.

Thanks!
Deb

debbiet.
01-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Hi Melissa,
Yes, I should try a little color in my life! I guess a baby bag should be kind of fun. Geometrics are a good idea too.
I agree with you on the flowers. Was not my style before baby,
so why should it be now :)

Thanks!
Deb
Mommy to Joelle