PDA

View Full Version : Babystyle Un-Diaper Bag?

Laela
01-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Does anyone have the babystyle un-diaper bag? It's on sale for $40 and I was thinking of getting it to tote my stuff & DS when we go on short trips, like the mall. Any comments would be appreciated!

http://babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?PMId=11891&dept=0&frm=0&SIND=1&cmCL=crosssell12507

MeredithsMom
01-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi!

I received one of these as a free gift (after becoming a platinum BabyStyle member). I have not used the bag, but I will tell you that it is stylish but, in my opinion, not worth $40 (not to mention the original $58). The straps are not leather (rather "leather look" vinyl) and the bag feels kind of heavy even with nothing in it. I do like that the changing pad is in a zippered area outside the bag, i.e. it doesn't take up room inside the bag. I'm thinking I may use it as a beach or pool bag someday, or if you want to buy it from me for $20 you can. :-) I have the fresh stripes one with brown trim. All in all, I know you can find a much better bag than this for $40!!!

HTH

Twin Mom
01-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Do a search, not sure if you should use the dash in un-diaper bag but try it both ways but I remember there being some not so favorable reviews of this bag.

MamaKath
01-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Pros-
*Fabrics are sharp in appearance
*Seperate changing pad compartment
*Large enough for holding lots (not a small bag)

Cons-
*Open top
*Tends to get floppy after awhile
*Quality of the bag overall is not as good as many bags that can be found in a cimilar price range

I wouldn't even bother trying it. I think for the $ you can get a better bag if you keep looking. Places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls often have bags like Tommy Hilfigger and Maclaren at deep discounts, coming in for far less than the un diaper bag. Another place to look for a great diaper bag, I would check out Chester diaper totes, there is a coupon code for BBB members (I think it still is going) and they have a great sale section!!! www.chesterhandbags.com Also you can look at great totes, messengers, and backpacks that are not diaper bags which would work as well or better and fall in the same price range.

HTH~

alaible
01-27-2005, 08:48 PM
The Chester coupon is Jan05 and I think it is good through the end of the month. It is for 10% off and free shipping on all merchandise even sale stuff.