PDA

View Full Version : Help! new diaper bag (mini, I think)

tbaker018
01-27-2005, 08:30 AM
I need a new diaper bag for my 10 mo son. I have the ISM XL backpack, and I find I have to dig to find things. I want something with more distinct compartments. I think maybe moving to something smaller would fit my needs.

Here is what I pack:
4 diapers
1 change pad
2 bottles
1 jar of baby food and spoon
1 formula dispenser
2-3 bibs
2-3 burp cloths
1-2 small teething toys
(maybe an extra shirt)
my wallet
cell phone
keys
1 lipstick

I want something simple, black. I need it for an afternoon of shopping or running errands. I don't like the idea of a fold-over flap.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to try it in person and not order something without seeing it first.

Thanks!
Tracy

nd93
01-27-2005, 10:27 AM
The Lands End Little Tripper is great. I have an old one (1999) that is my favorite. I ordered a new one, and while I really liked the side bottle pockets and parent pouch (my current one has neither of those), the way the parent pouch is layed out causes the bag to tip over if the parent section is full. I was annoyed by that and returned it. But if I did not already have an LT I would have kept it. They are very plain, simple, and cheap ($20!) There is no fold over flap, just a zipper. LE bags are incredibly durable. I don't think you'd be able to try it out IRL first though, you'd have to order one. However, if you did not like it you could return it to a Sears, thereby saving yourself the return shipping (which is what I did). If LE would change the parent pouch to go all the way to the bottom, I think I would buy it again.

I have been scoping ebay for Vera Bradley Day Out bags. They are like the little tripper. But these would not meet your "simple, black" criteria.

Happy Shopping!

Momof3Labs
01-27-2005, 11:13 AM
I think that the Lands End LT is way too small for your needs, and the Lands End medium tailored tote probably is, too. How about a Skip Hop? It is tall and skinny, but has lots of compartments and no fold over flap.

Emmas Mom
01-27-2005, 11:43 AM
If you want "mini" I definitely would say the LE LT. I would think all of that could fit inside, though I don't know the size of the diapers, burp cloths or bibs you use. Heck, for $20 I'd probably try it though. You can always return it to Sears & not pay return shipping either.

Rach3975
01-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Based on what you're packing (and the fact that 1 jar of baby food will soon grow to more), both the LE LT and the Medium Tailored Tote will probably be too small. If the digging aspect bothers you, the Medium Tailored Tote will definitely not work--that's one of the main reasons I'm not keeping it. You might want to try the new LL Bean bag. I'm finding that the Lands End bags are a bit too small and the LL Bean bag is a bit too big, but there doesn't seem to be much in between them in a comparable price range.