PDA

View Full Version : Mothership/Escape Pod Questions

Niki_n_Abby
01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm still on the search for a diaper bag and need some input. I need a large bag and I also really want it to be cute/pretty not sporty. I've owned several Lands End bags and I'm just sick of sporty(and the LT isn't big enough for me).

I'm considering a Mothership but fear it might only be slightly larger than the Little Tripper. I want to get it with the Escape Pod and keep the Escape Pod inside the Mothership. Is this possible?

Here is what I need the bag to hold:

Hoping to put this in the Escape Pod:
1-2 pull-ups
wipes case
diaper cream
band aids
ointment
sunblock
money/check card
ID
make up(compact and lipstick)

Hoping to put this in the rest of the bag:
2 additional pull-ups
change of clothes(toddler size shirt and cotton pants)
small book
small toy(most likely Magnadoodle type or markers and paper)
sippy cup(large, no handles)
2-3 snack containers(small tupperware kind)
cell phone
small digital camera
Also hoping to put the Escape Pod in the MS

What do you think? I know I'm a heavy packer, but that is how I am. I have a 2 year old and the older she gets the more stuff I need(strange I know). Will this work? What does everyone think of the Mothership? I was really turned off by the plastic, but I'm now liking the bags more and more.

I really want the bag to hold everything very organized and easy to access, stand up on it's own, stay open on it's own. I also want it to be durable and last through at least one more child.

Any other suggetions for me? I'm open to anything.

Thanks!
Niki

Rach3975
01-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I haven't seen the Mothership, but I read somewhere on this board that it carries slightly less than the new LL Bean Bag. I have seen that one, and it fits a lot more than the LE LT.

masetane
01-28-2005, 10:49 PM
The Mothership is significantly larger than the Little Tripper. In my opinion, we are talking small and large bag categories --apples and oranges!!! :)
I would guess the Mothership is like having 2-3 Little Trippers but I'd be curious to hear other opinions. I sold my Mothership so can't put my Little Tripper next to it to be sure.
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

newmomto1
01-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Here are some pics of my Little Tripper & my Mothership.
The Mothership is A LOT bigger!!
HTH :-)

Niki_n_Abby
01-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Thank you so much! I think that seals the deal:) The pictures really help. The on line measurements are so close I just couldn't picture the differance.

Thanks again!
Niki