PDA

View Full Version : If you have more that one bag, do you keep each packed?

mams99
01-28-2005, 09:35 AM
I know I'm going to have at least two bags, probably three for regular use. One that hangs on the stroller, one for quick trips, and one for dressier occasions when I want a "smart" looking bag.

Do you guys switch out your stuff from bag to bag as you use it? Or do a partial switch out and have some duplicate items? Or do you have completely ready to go bags with everything in duplicate/triplicate?

Of course, some things need to be constantly replenished (diapers, wipes, change of clothes, etc)...

but do you keep burb cloths in each, and diaper cream in each, and so on?

I want to be ORGANIZED and ready to go quickly and I'm thinking that having each bag mostly ready at all times would be the best way to go, but not having tried it (didn't do that with #1), I'm not sure how realistic it is!

Thoughts?

Melissa

26w4d with Henry Alexander - soon to be Little Brother to Adrian, 8.5

Niki_n_Abby
01-28-2005, 09:51 AM
I do keep each bag packed and just switch out my personal stuff(wallet, make up, cell phone, camera)and add a change of clothes and sippy cup. I keep diapers, cream, first aid stuff(band aids, ointment, hand sanitizer), blanket, toys, and non-parishable snacks in the bags all the time. When Abby was a newborn I also kept durp cloths, an extra t-shirt for me and then added my nursing cover up when we left.

I like keeping all the bags ready to go and know that each bag has certain staples in them all the time so I'm not running around looking for cream or something when I'm trying to get out the door. It works for me:)

Niki

audball
01-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I usually stick with the same back for a week or two, so I only pack that one bag. But I do leave a changing pad, a stash of diapers, wipes, bags (for disposing diapers), and hand sanitizer in the car. It takes care of the "emergencies".

What I like about each of my bags is their different organizing capabilities. I tend to make a decision about what kind of day/week we are going to have in advance and then pack the appropriate bag based on that.

Regardless, I ALWAYS have the bag packed the night before. Especially with a newborn and a toddler, it was always easy to make up the excuse that, oh no, I'm not ready - and then never leave the house ;)!

amp
01-28-2005, 02:22 PM
I keep two bags mostly packed. I have them both packed w/ dipes, wipes, chapstick, Wet ones, kleenex, tylenol, pens, toys and the like. When I switch bags, I switch out our snacks, wallet, bibs and I'm ready to go. I used to keep the snacks packed in each, but found if I don't use a bag for a few weeks, the food gets a bit old, so I started just switching when I switch bags. Makes it easy to go quickly.

alaible
01-28-2005, 02:30 PM
We have 2 bags and will soon have a 3rd. One bag is for me to use for longer outings and one will be for shorter outings and the 3rd bag is the bag my husband (or babysitter) uses while I am at work part-time in the evenings.

We keep each packed with diapers, wipes, changing pad, a few toys etc. And before we leave we just throw in snacks/drinks and a couple more toys based on Paige's current favorite. If I had to pack up the bag each time we went out I would surely forget something so it is easier for me if the necessities stay in the bag - less to forget that way :)

alaible
01-28-2005, 02:30 PM
We have 2 bags and will soon have a 3rd. One bag is for me to use for longer outings and one will be for shorter outings and the 3rd bag is the bag my husband (or babysitter) uses while I am at work part-time in the evenings.

We keep each packed with diapers, wipes, changing pad, a few toys etc. And before we leave we just throw in snacks/drinks and a couple more toys based on Paige's current favorite. If I had to pack up the bag each time we went out I would surely forget something so it is easier for me if the necessities stay in the bag - less to forget that way :)

nov02mom
01-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I pack everytime I switch. Otherwise, I don't remember that I used the last diaper the last time i used another bag and we end up without something. I do try to pack the night before though....planning my wardrobe/stroller choice beforehand!

MamaKath
01-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I used to keep bags packed in the beginning. I also kept a bag in the trunk, just in case I forgot to replenish my supply of diapers or clothing, etc. Now (my guys are older almost 3 but not yet toilet trained and 5.5 with food allergies) I keep the most needed items in each bag (usually a purell, a hand cream, a lip balm, some change, a pony tial holder, a couple bandaids, some chewable tylenol, a pack of wipes, a small toy or 2).

The diapering stuff I have started keeping with other supplies in a cosmetic organizer that is clear (so I can see if something is missing) and move that, my wallet, keys, and cell phone from one to another. I actually just got a clear cosmetic bag today to put my stuff in to make switches quicker.

My exception is this, I keep a Baby Sherpa packed with a few "safe" food items in the cooler as well. This way if I use that bag (since I most likely will be out for a longer time) I have snacks even if I forget to check it or pack extras. Many times I am packing a lunch or other stuff in this one, but this at least gives me some basics.

HTH~