PDA

View Full Version : Goldilocks--Zip top Skip Hop-sized bag?

Rach3975
01-28-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm desperately searching for a new diaper bag, and my husband says I'm starting to sound like Goldilocks--this one's too small, that one's too big. The Skip Hop would probably be the perfect size, but a zipper top is a must for me. DS loves my stuff, and I have visions of having to search the house for my keys and phone before every outing.

I've already tried the LE LT and Medium Tailored Tote (both too small) and the new LL Bean Bag (too big). Is there anything else out there that might work? I'd prefer to spend under $50, but I might go up to $75 for the perfect bag. Thanks!

Edited:
I finally saw the Skip Hop IRL, and discovered that my stuff does fit in the zippered compartments, so the velcro will be less of an issue than I thought. I still don't want my son taking things out, but at least it would only be his Snack Trap or toy! Given all the bags out there that close with only a magnetic snap, I'm still wondering if this is a problem. So, do your kids get into your bags?

MamaKath
01-28-2005, 11:37 PM
This hasn't caused a problem for me with the SkipHop though it was also a huge concern for me. I put my stuff in the zippered pockets, and now am using a cosmetic organizer (see the recent post of Thank you re: SkipHop and Escape Pod) for the diapering stuff and toys, etc. I also have started to put little easily detached keychains (I think right now I have a CPK one and a dinosaur one) on the zippered sections. The kids go for those, rather than taking my stuff out. :-) SO no they don't get into the bag.

lmariana
01-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Gabe prefers to to wear my bags! He carries them around and puts things into them, not take things out! I found a pair of panties in my bag the other day...

I think if you put all your non-baby-safe stuff in the zippered pockets, you'll be okay. The kid-friendly stuff can be easily accessible without too much harm, hopefully.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

AbbieF
01-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Are you still searching for a new bag? What about the timbuk2 cargo tote? They describe it as their classic messenger bag w/ a zipper instead of the flap. I like that it has handles as well as the messenger strap.
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/productlisting.t2?priceSizeId=63&skuSetIdStr=72&categoryId=33

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04