PDA

View Full Version : Question about LL Bean Diaper Bag

KarenGOP
01-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Hi I'm new here and have a question about the LL Bean Diaper bag (Here's the link: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=40299&sc1=Search&feat=sr ). Do you think this bag is roomy enough to hold diapers, wipes, change of clothes and a bottle or two for a newborn? I need something that is big enough to hold the things I'll need for a newborn plus my wallet, keys and cell phone and a snack for my 3yr old. I like small bags but I know I can't go with a mini bag when I have a baby and preschooler, but I'm not willing to carry a big huge bag that weighs a ton. From the looks of the bag in the picture it looks like it can hold a lot, but the dimensions don't seem like it's enormous.
Karen

Mikesa3
01-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I think it is big enough without looking huge going by what posters here have said.Here's two threads with reviews
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=18614&mode=full&page=4
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=18614&mode=full&page=4
HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

jasabo
01-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Karen,
I posted a review of this bag this week. You can probably find it if you do a search. I think it'll definitely be big enough for you. I have 19 month old twins and it holds all of their stuff and my stuff. I was skeptical when it arrived and I opened the box - I wasn't sure if I liked it and it looked kind of small. But I was able to fit everything from my Mothership into it. I've been using the bag this week and have been thrilled with it. It's very comfortable to carry and not bulky at all, but you can fit a lot in. Also, the great thing with Bean is that they have a fabulous return policy. You can use the bag and if you don't like it you can still return it. They take back everything. So you can always give it a try and return it if you don't like it.

Lisa - mom to 19 month old twin boys

Rach3975
01-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I just saw the LL Bean Bag at one of their stores, and I couldn't believe how much it held for a bag with its dimensions. I fit a cosmetic case (contents: 3 size 4 diapers, hard case of wipes, a disposable changing pad, and a tube of vaseline), a sippy cup, a Snack Trap, a small board book, hand wipes, tissues, a small plastic first aid kit, and my stuff (small wallet, cell phone, PDA, check book, and keys)and still had the main compartment almost empty.

One tip I read here and loved was to keep all of your diapering supplies in the very front compartment. I found that was a better use of the large pocket than putting only my small wallet and PDA in it, and all of my stuff fit in other pockets.

To answer your other question, the bag itself is very light and easy to carry. I decided it was too big for me now, but I'll probably buy one when I need to carry things for a newborn and my then-2 1/2 year old.