PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a bag!

BJewels79
01-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Help! I want/need a new diaper bag. I really really love backpacks, but I've been eyeing the Skip Hop Bags also. I don't have a ton of $$ to spend and this will be my last bag for a loonnnnng time. What do you suggest? As of now, I only have my 8 month old's stuff to cart around (and we cloth diaper some). Are there any swap groups out there that I could check out? Thanks!

Momof3Labs
01-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Lands End has a good assortment of nice quality bags. There is also a Yahoo group called babybags where diaper bags are swapped and sold.

nov02mom
01-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Here's the babybags addy:

[email protected]

Rach3975
01-30-2005, 12:30 PM
I wanted a smaller bag, but I found that most of the small bags were too small, so I just got the Skip Hop. Since my first bag is way too big now and my second ripped, this will be my only bag until we have a 2nd child. I love it and find it the perfect size to carry:

-My stuff (small wallet, PDA, checkbook, and phone)
-Cosmetic bag with diapering supplies (3 size 4 diapers, hard wipes case, disposable changing pad, and tube of Vaseline)
-My 15 month old's stuff (sippy cup, snack trap, a few small toys or books, tissue pack, and small first aid kit)

The bag is filled to what I consider just the right amount, meaning it isn't half empty but I have enough room left over if I need to throw in a change of clothes, his shoes, or extra snacks.

However, I've been told that cloth diapers take up a lot more room than disposables, so it might not work as well for you. Good luck deciding!