PDA

View Full Version : How sick is this?

writeleigh
01-30-2005, 11:08 AM
This is x posted in the stroller forum.

We are currently on vacation. At the park yesterday, another mother's gear caught my eye (as always, I check out all baby gear). Before moving in for a closer view, I said to myself: "Oh, that's a Timi and Leslie bebe bag. And a Martinelli stroller, I think ." Only to be proved right as we got closer! Then I thought, "Hmmm, I bet she's a member of the Baby Bargains Board." LOL. My relatives cannot get over how I can name stroller and diaper bag brands from a bloick away. I am truly a hopeless cause, way to obsessed with products.

dules
01-30-2005, 12:19 PM
LOL! This summer, I was stopped on the street by a passing car by a woman who wanted to talk about my Zooper Zydeco. She said she had an E3...I gave her a quizzical look ("Do I know you online?") but was with DH and he already thinks I'm a stroller psycho so didn't say anything.

Fast forward to this year. There's a NJ Moms Stroller Board (just talk, no sale or SWAP), we're chatting about where we live, etc. and one woman writes me, "I think I know you...I stopped a couple with a baby near where you say you live last summer...it was a teal jogger with a reversible seat..." ROTFL!!!

Small world. We are going to try to meet "officially" IRL and take a stroll one of these days when the weather improves.

So - you are not the only one!

Best,
Mary

Mikesa3
01-30-2005, 01:28 PM
LOL I know what you mean.I saw a Mom with a Kecci bag the other day and just had to talk to her.Sure enough she got it on co-op from BBB.It was fun talking baby gear with someone who knows more then Graco and Evenflo.Those are the only brands usually seen around here.We plan on getting together soon.:-)
Nancy

meshell
01-30-2005, 02:07 PM
You're not sick! It's what I like to call "consumer conscious"!

This is bad...last night, DH and I were watching old DVD's of Season 1 of the show "Alias" (we got hooked watching them this season and had never watched the show before so started renting the DVD's). Mind you, we are expecting our FIRST child in April and I only discovered these boards back in November. In one scene, the secret agent is carrying all of her stuff in a red messenger bag. As soon as the camera pans to the bag, I yell out, "Hey that's a Timbuk2 small messenger bag, the one I showed you online and that I am thinking of getting as a diaper bag!" You would think that DH would look at me like I was absolutely nuts, but he just smiled and said, "I like that one, too." He understands.

And to think, I had never even HEARD of Timbuk2 before I started reading these boards!

Thanks everyone!
Michelle (first baby due 4/2/05)

writeleigh
01-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Well, it is good to know I am definitely not alone LOL.

MMEand1
02-01-2005, 10:32 AM
When I met Mikesa3 the other day, I was beside myself!! My DH thinks I am crazy for getting excited about meeting someone, but I think it is neat to finally meet someone that can speak your same language (concerning baby gear).

Mariah P.