PDA

View Full Version : Save $7 on LL Bean Diaper bag

Rach3975
01-30-2005, 12:16 PM
The great price of LL Bean's Diaper Bag ($36) gets even better if you order the Large Travel Touring Bag ($29, make sure to get the large not the regular). It's actually the same bag minus a changing pad.

In another thread, some of us were discussing whether the LL Bean Diaper bag and Large Travel Touring bag were the same, since the dimensions and exterior appeared the same. Customer service thought that there were differences, notably fewer compartments and lack of light interior on the Travel Touring Bag. I ordered the Large Travel Touring Bag to see it, and the customer service guy was wrong! The Travel Touring Bag has no changing pad, but the only other difference is a light gray interior in the touring bag vs. a green interior in the diaper bag.

This picture shows the Large Travel Touring Bag's interior color. The gray isn't quite as light as the picture makes it look, but it's light enough to make seeing the bag's contents very easy.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20802.jpg

As far as compartments go, the bags are identical. Both have the same pockets, listed below.

Exterior:
Large zipped parent pocket with organizer panel(ie, credit card slots, small zip pocket, and key fob)
Zip pocket in the flap of the front pocket
2 side velcro pockets
Side mesh bottle pocket
Slash pocket on back(holds changing pad in diaper bag, empty in other bag)
One disclaimer--I saw the organizer panel was also in the Travel Touring Bag, but I forgot to double check that it had the same # of credit card slots and the same small zip pocket as the diaper bag

Interior:
Zip pocket, large with some depth, though it squashes and doesn't take up much room if it's empty
Mesh pocket divided into 3 sections

Here are answers to some of the other questions I remember people having, though I keep getting an error message on the former thread and can't check to see if I missed any:
The straps are the same and both have the sliding pad that you often see on luggage
Both bags are made of 300 dernier rip stop nylon and all seams are taped and sewn, so they're equally durable

Let me know if you have any other questions.

mom2lukas
01-30-2005, 12:26 PM
thanks so much for the clarification! i like it MUCH better with the gray interior! i actually got the diaper bag version, but it's going back because it may be a bit big for my purposes. plus i just wasn't too sure about the green interior. now i have to reconsider! :)

joey :)

getbusyliving
02-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post this! I think I may just order this one instead of the diaper bag (the green might be a little too much for me)! Are you keeping this bag? Do you like it?

Rach3975
02-02-2005, 09:18 PM
I liked the bag a lot but decided it was too big to use with just my 15 month old. I wish it had been out a year earlier! There's a good chance that I'll buy it again when we have a second child.