PDA

View Full Version : My new denim skip*hop and me...a surprising little love story. (long)

MichelleRC
01-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Let me just start by saying that I ordered this bag half expecting not to like it. I am not a sporty bag kind of girl and everyone has said how narrow it is. But I had to just see for myself since in my 2+ years of diaper bag madness, I had never even seen one in person. The canvas ones just never did it for me, but ever since the denim came out, I have been wanting to try it.

Well, It arrived Friday afternoon and I emptied my T&L large bebe bag to see just what I would be able to fit in the skip hop. Pretty much everything. I was shocked. It took some creative packing, I emptied and started over again a few times, but it really holds alot.
I am neither a light nor a heavy packer, but I do have a picky 2 year old and a bottle-fed 5 month old, so even with just the essentials, that's quite a bit of stuff.
I should say that I live in Florida, so I am not toting around coats and my 5 month old is a very neat little eater so I do not need tons of burp cloths or bibs. Plus I leave an emergency bag in the car.

I love the dark denim with jeans stitching and red interior-it is so great looking. A nice change from all my print-y bags without being boring ol' black.
The narrowness of the bag is both a pro and a con- It could defnitely stand to be about an inch deeper, but because it is not, it lies flat against me when I am carrying it messenger style. This is absolutely the first bag (and I have tried almost all of them) that I can comfortably wear messenger style. The fact that I am less than 5 feet tall may have something to do with that, but it was comfy nonetheless. The way I had packed it along with the stiffness of the denim allowed to to pretty much stand on it's own which is a must for me.
I would love an insulated bottle holder, but I can just throw a formula dispenser in the main compartment. I will still use my T&L or MS for longer outings (my Mothership has become my "restaurant" bag). but I am thrilled with the skip hop for every day.
Yay!

MamaKath
01-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Michelle, I am glad you found a bag that really works well for you (in conjuction to the others). It was neat to read your post as I to was so hesitant to order this bag, yet LOVE using it. I didn't think it was going to be the bag for me at all, but here we are and it is working great and certainly a favorite of mine! :-) I think it can be decieving until you have a chance to pack and repack it a few to see how it works for you. Enjoy, you have a great collection. :-)

Rach3975
01-31-2005, 12:49 AM
I just fell in love with the Skip Hop, too, though I love my boring black! :) The denim is the only other color I considered, but it's my only bag, so I went with the black.

For a long time I thought I'd hate this bag and didn't even consider it because of the shape. I finally saw the recent 'What bag is your favorite' thread, and multiple people said the Skip Hop. I was so frustrated in my search for a new bag that I finally decided to try it, and the rest is history, as they say. It's the perfect size for my 15 month old, with space left over for whatever I need to throw in for a particular trip. I'm very impressed that you're managing to fit everything with 2 children. Maybe I'll get even more use out of it than I thought!

cchavez
02-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks! :)