PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the perfect diaper bag(s)

NoemiArthur
02-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Soon-to-be first-time mom here, so I'm new to everything.

I am searching for the perfect diaper bag. At first I was really fixated on the Kate Spade bag (which DH said he would get if I was really good). But a friend who recently had her second baby got one for x-mas and when she tried it out, she hated it.

Okay, so where to look for a sophisticated-looking bag that fits the bill? What kinds of things do I look for? If it helps, I want something snazzy, I plan to BF, money is no real object if it's good enough. And I'm thinking that I would use a smaller regular purse for my personal stuff (wallet, planner, cell phone) and stick it into one compartment of the diaper bag when I go out with the baby and I can just grab the purse itself when I go to work. So diaper bag has to be big enough to accommdate that.

The second diaper bag I need is for daycare. I think a much cheaper one is right for this, one that DH wouldn't mind carrying (he will drop off baby) and one that is durable. I was thinking an LL Bean bag with baby's name on it.

Any ideas are appreciated.
EDD 5/24/05

getbusyliving
02-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Aren't we all? :-)

I would browse http://www.diaperbags.com/ to get an idea of what's out there. Do you want a tote, a messenger style or backpack? That will narrow down your options.

Good luck in your quest!

tiikeri2
02-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, the first thing I thought of for you would be the One Cool Chick messenger bag (onecoolchick.com). That is what I would get if money were no object! :) Also Kecci, Haiku, Posh Baby, Timi and Leslie, or Loom bags are all possibilities.

For dad, the LL Bean diaper bag could be a good one. You can do a search here as it has been reviewed a lot recently. Also check out the Timbuk2 bags (not diaper bags, but lots of people use them for that!). There's also the Land's End Do It All. It is a bigger bag that might be good for hauling all of the baby things to daycare, and it is a dad pleaser (at least in this house!). There is the Diaper Dude bag as well.

Those are some ideas anyway! And I second checking out diaperbags.com. Though be prepared to be overwhelmed with choices! LOL!

HTH!

Kay