PDA

View Full Version : DH found the new red canvas mothership I had hidden in the corner

jesseandgrace
02-04-2005, 07:33 PM
and picked it up and said..."Oh, this is nice." Hmm, really just said to make the point that he knew it was there. Why oh why can I not have a clueless guy that would have no idea that it was a new bag? I've already taken the tags off. Normally he doesn't care, but I am supposed to be spending less money until we sell our house in Boston, but it was calling me......

Does everyone elses dh notice everything? My sister's husband would never kow if she had something new unless he saw her carry it in!

audball
02-04-2005, 08:17 PM
My DH notices everything - but to be honest, I don't really try to keep it from him. I will fess up *before* I make the purchase and see if he's on board. Usually he is, because it just means that he gets to indulge in his passions (like biking) with all the associated accessories - LOL :)! We try to keep each other in check, but you also are trying to be nice and understanding of each other's "obsessions". If one person gets something, the other person seems to "bank" the credit to get something else...

Our friend compared it to nuclear escalation...if you get a bomb, then I have to build one too...

MichelleRC
02-05-2005, 12:42 PM
I have a space in the corner of the closet I used to hide bags in, until it was discovered. I don't necessarily volunteer info every time I make a purchase (I am the minister of finance in our house), my DH is fairly observant though. He really doesn't care too much since I started selling bags on the Swap board & ebay. He just laughs, shakes his head and says "Another bag?)
Although I have been using my new denim Skip Hop for the past week and he didn't say anything. I think the printy or bright colored bags are harder to sneak into the rotation.
:)

masetane
02-05-2005, 02:24 PM
My DH doesn't really notice until a few months into it - then he'll ask and I'll say I got it months ago. My paypal/ebay money is my own but if he sees charges on the bills he questions. December was a pretty bad purchase month for me so I have promised him to sell stuff on ebay and to declutter the house. We are also going to have some school tuition bills come up that weren't really expected so my Chester bags are probably the last for awhile!!!
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

caridura
02-05-2005, 04:40 PM
I get new bags and rotate them in hoping Dh won't notice. I've been using my new denim SkipHop for weeks now and he hasn't even batted an eye!

On a rare ocassion he will notice a new item...but usually doesn't care. :)

writeleigh
02-05-2005, 07:17 PM
DH doesn't really notice. But he also doesn't really mind if I say I'm buying a new bag.

jesseandgrace
02-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I know, I don't think my dh really minds what I do, but I think he thinks I am on bag overload at this point - he is very practical :). However, I am loving my new bag, I never really wanted a mothership, but the red of this bag is just so beautiful, and I really like the organization.

burkesilver
02-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Uh-oh - I just might have to get this bag, too. Maybe I should scope out a good hiding place first - or at least decide what I can ebay!

saschalicks
02-07-2005, 03:02 PM
DH notices everything, plus I fess up early. Of course, we are in financial crunch, and my spending doesn't help our situation. I know I have a problem, so I stayed away for 1 month. That is a lot for me, but now I'm itching. So, I started selling things in our house on e-bay and hopefully I'll make enough money to afford my obsession w/out using our finances. I think it's all pretty normal.