PDA

View Full Version : Jenny (CiderLogan) or anyone else w/LE Medium Tailored Tote

Emmas Mom
02-06-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm really considering this bag because I like the look of it & it's a bit more stylish than my LT (which I love). My question is about the outside pockets. One of the things I like most about the LT is the outside pockets on the side. With the Medium tote, if you stick a sippy cup in one of the pockets, does it make it bulky?? I'm keep thinking that a sippy will protrude & make the bag look lumpy....is this making sense?

If anyone has any pictures you could post of the bag with a sippy in it I'd appreciate it! Thanks for your help! :)

Momof3Labs
02-06-2005, 09:38 PM
I can fit a Playtex straw cup in one of the pockets of my medium tailored tote, but it does make the pocket stick out a bit (and also takes up some room on the inside). The pocket is pretty flat, so it's not like the cup sticks all the way out.

This bag has a very short zipper and is much harder to get into and zip up than the LT. It does hold a small amount more, though, which is what I needed.

CiderLogan
02-07-2005, 08:48 AM
We use Gerber insulated sippies, and I can fit one in the outside pockets. It's a good fit - tight but not too hard to get in/out. But, yes, it does look a bit bulky with a cup in it. I don't tend to carry Julia's cups with us everywhere we go, and I don't think it would be comfortable or look great to always have one in there - it just doesn't look like it belongs and it sticks out a bit, you know? I wish it had a bottle/cup pocket instead, but it works well for us because we don't tend to go on very long outings so we don't often need the cup.

I agree with Lori about the zipper being less-than-ideal. But it works great for me because it exactly fits what I need to carry every day, allows me easy access to my wallet and to J's snacks, and has the outside pockets (I put my keys in one of them; others might prefer not to do that because the pockets don't close - if I could redesign this bag, I'd give it a couple of velcro/zipper pockets instead of all open).

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

Emmas Mom
02-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Thank you both for your help & the visuals. I don't know why I keep going back & forth on this bag. I should just BUY it & figure out if it meets my needs. lol

CiderLogan
02-07-2005, 09:42 PM
I totally understand! I spent way too much time debating it too - if only I always agonized over $5 the way I did over the LE shipping costs, I would have much more money saved away! :)
Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03