PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Timbuk2 colors?

Smiles81
02-07-2005, 05:10 PM
I have a timbuk2 that I got from Sierra trading post last summer. Since I really like it, I want to customize my own with a divider, but I don't know what colors to get. So, what are your favorite combinations? Which colors do you have on your bag? Help me pick!!! Thanks.
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

mom to little e
02-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Ooooohhhh! I can answer this one!! It took me FOREVER to go through all the custom choices and combinations and I practically drove my DH crazy. Anyway, I recently placed an order for a custom Timbuk2.

I got a medium messenger and LOVE it! It IS HUGE, but perfect for what I was looking for. I got it to use primarily for airline travel and as an all-day out bag. Here is what I ordered:
Medium messenger
Cordura fabric
Sky / silver / sky color
Liner color: grey
Logo color: silver
Reflectors: tails (think I might have liked the tabs better though)
Add ons: Grab strap and Center Divider (I think a must with a bag this large)
Accessories: Strap pad, Strap pouch, and Accessory case.

I love everything about the bag! Especially the color! Here's a RL picture (although the build-your-own site looks pretty true to life for this bag).

Good luck!

Casey &
Ean (11/06/03) the little love of my life

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21231.jpg

Smiles81
02-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Cool, really pretty. How did you decide between corura and ballistic? I'm debating a grab strap for the small, though I'm not sure. I am getting a divider though.
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

mom to little e
02-07-2005, 08:42 PM
I chose the cordura really only because it had the color choices that I liked better, specifically the sky blue. It also was less shiny than the ballistic and I kind of liked that better. The ballistic and the codura each have their own color palettes.

I got the grab strap since I was getting the medium size and I knew it would be large. I thought it might help when hefting the bag around. I like the grab strap and the way it is put on. Skip Hops also have grab straps but they it is designed, I don't think I have ever used it. The Timbuk2 handle has a little arch to it where as the SK doesn't (if you have a SH you'll know what I mean). I probably would have gotten the grab strap even if it was a small, mostly as a just-in-case.

Casey &
Ean (11/06/03) the little love of my life