PDA

View Full Version : new Escape Pods are out

ktdid74
02-09-2005, 01:36 PM
I was looking at the kidsnstyle.com site and they have the newly redesigned EP's. Not sure if it was mentioned here yet. Another cool thing on the site is that she has all of the different diaper bags lined up together so you can compare their sizes.

dules
02-09-2005, 02:05 PM
I got one of these last week from Jen at ExpressiveToys.com. I LOVE it.

It's funny, the paper tags and instructions attached were from the older version and when I first looked I thought "oh, no my zippers go the wrong way!" then the more I thought about it the more I liked the way that they are - the new design makes a lot of sense.

The red canvas is sooo pretty! DH actually thought it was a purse. lol.

Best,
Mary

ktdid74
02-09-2005, 02:20 PM
I bet the red is beautiful! I would get one except for the fact that I've purchased a red OCC, a red T2 metro, and a red 2RH recently. Is it the inside zippers that are different? They don't post pics of the differences on the Fleurville site or kidsnstyle.com. Enjoy your EP!!

dules
02-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Yes, the zippers on the inside are reversed so that when you open them it doesn't seem like everything might fall out.

With all your red bags I can't see that one more would hurt, lol. Then red can be your signature color!

Best,
Mary

P.S. Did you get your OCC yet? Mine isn't due to ship until April!

ktdid74
02-10-2005, 12:39 PM
I ordered my small messenger when the discount first started so I got it right away. Of course, at the last minute I ordered a large messenger so that won't go out till late April at the earliest. I love my small- I use it everyday as a purse right now! My beloved Coach purses have been pushed aside :) What did you order? My large is going to be pink dragon and the small is the small print red dragon.

dules
02-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Sweet! I think the pink dragon is absolutely stunning!

I have a purple orchid large messenger, hopefully coming mid-April. Then I have to decide on my second large messenger (oh my, up till now I had owned one black Coach purse and one gray Skip Hop!)...I'm debating black magic or red medallion.

Can't wait to get them - seeing the pics when people get their new bags just fuels my fire!

Best,
Mary

masetane
02-10-2005, 06:48 PM
2 questions: 1. I am so tempted to get the EP now that they turned the zips around. Are the handles the foamy thick kind. I had the blue EP and I sold it because I didn't like that.
2. Being nosey - which 2 Red Hens do you have? I have the Bag of Marbles and a True Blue (but selling this one soon)
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Birthdaycakeideas/

ktdid74
02-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Caroline- I don't actually have one of the new EP's so can't help you there. I have a Retro Cowboy Hen bag. It's adorable! I haven't used it lately cause my OCC has taken it's place for a while :)

momathome
02-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know if the new Escape Pod comes in a color other than red? That is all I see on the website. TIA!

dules
02-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Lauren,

I know you are just following me around these boards aren't you lol. The grape MBUS, the Chester backpack, now the EP. (Totally, just kidding!)

Anyway, I don't know about colors but I'd recommend talking to Jen @ ExpressiveToys.com, that's where I got mine and she should know what colors she can get.

The handles do feel like they have some foam or something in them but they're encased in a sort of ballistic nylon type (black) fabric.

Right now in mine I've got the changing pad and hard wipes case that came with it, a small hand sanitizer, a size 3 Huggies Ultra, a tube of Aveeno diaper cream and a disposable Huggies changing pad. This weekend I also had a package of Wet Ones, my keys attached to the fob and I could also get the wristlet in there but I chose to keep it out because it is so cute (I got the pink stripe).

I love that DH thought it was a pretty new purse and not a diaper bag!

Best,
Mary