PDA

View Full Version : bag for newborn and toddler?

ehmom
02-09-2005, 02:16 PM
what bag to you carry for two kiddos? does the skip hop expo look like it might work for two? ISO a bag large enough for both, but still light enough to carry all the time. i really prefer a tote to a messenger, and i like that the skip hop will hang on the stroller. and, i usually pack on the light side.
thanks for any imput!
em

MichelleRC
02-09-2005, 04:34 PM
I am using a denim skip hop duo for my 5 month old and 27 month old. I resisted this bag for so long, but I really really love it. I am a pretty light packer too, so it has been working well.

For longer outings I use either my Timi & Leslie or Mothership. The T&L is not bad to carry but the MS is bulky, making it a better bag to use if you were going to someone's house for the day, or out to eat or basically somewhere where you are not wearing it for too long. Can't beat the size & organization for 2 kiddos though.
HTH!

Rach3975
02-09-2005, 11:30 PM
You might want to check out the LL Bean Diaper Bag or Large Travel Touring bag. (They're the same bag, but the Travel Touring Bag has no changing pad, a different light interior color, and comes in more exterior colors.) I decided it was too big for just my 15 month old, but I might buy it in a year or so when we have baby #2. It can be worn as a tote or messenger, and it has a zip top without a front flap.

I have a Skip Hop Duo now--I know the Expo looks similar, but I haven't seen dimensions yet. If it is the same size, I know that it wouldn't work for me for 2 kids. I use it with my toddler and have plenty of empty space to throw in unexpected things like DS's shoes and sweatshirt, or a bottle of water for me. On top of the things I usually carry (3 diapers, wipes, disposable changing pad, Vaseline tube, snack trap, sippy cup, cell phone, wallet, PDA, 2 small board books, a few Mega Blocks, 3 crayons, small first aid kit, tissues, and hand wipes) I could probably fit a change of clothes and diapers for a newborn, maybe even a very small blanket, but there would be no extra space in the bag. I imagine that when you have 2 kids to carry and chase, it becomes even more important to get everything in the bag so your hands are free!