PDA

View Full Version : Messenger with 2 large compartments, bottle holders, & lots of pockets does it exist?

alaible
02-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to find a bag that can be worn messenger style and is big enough for 2 kids in diapers. I would like it to have a center divider like you can add to the T2's so I can have a compartment for each child. Organizing pockets to hold diapers, sippys etc a plus. I like the look of the T2's but they don't really have any pockets except for small ones for phone, pens etc. I want pockets big enough for diapers, wipes, and sippys.

Is there such a bag? I have seen some messenger style bags I like but they all seem to be just one large compartment and I am hoping for 2 compartments to keep stuff seperated for 2 kids.

Holly

bubbaray
02-10-2005, 06:17 PM
The T2 Commute might work. It has 2 external bottle holders and an interior pocket for a laptop that you could use for diapers and a change pad. Not sure about the rest of the interior.

The Diaper Dude bag has one large compartment, but 3 external zippered compartments that might work too.

The Skip Hop Dash looks interesting, but it is hard to see the exact internal pocket configuration from the photos. Its being released in March.

HTH

Melissa
Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/11089.birthday.png

ginamlee
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
I just received my Timbuk2 Urban Commute from a great sale at Sierra Trading Post. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.80457/dept_id./est./qx/product.htm

(Use the information and links at www.fatwallet.com to get cash back and free shipping hints.)

I got it to use as a travel bag, because I always take my laptop on vacation. It's going to be a great all-purpose bag for me. I think it would work in the scenerio you are describing.

The inside of the bag does have the laptop compartment, which could easily be used as a divider. And, if you are familiar with Timbuk2, you are aware of their standard interior multi-pocket thing.

The exterior of the bag is what makes this different from their standard messengers (which we also own several of). The back of the bag has a long zippered compartment that I assume is for file folders, but could be used for any number of things. There are also several smaller pockets in there. There are two bottle holders - one on each side of the bag. Additionally, under the flap, there are two other pockets that would work well as bottle holders.

This bag definitely has more compartments than their standard messenger. I will attempt to take photos later tonight if you are interested.

alaible
02-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Gina,
Thanks so much for that info. If you get a chance to take some pictures that would be great. Since the Commute was listed under the laptop section I never thought to look there. That sounds like it may be the bag. I wish you could pick your colors on that one like you can the messenger but beggers can't be choosers :)

ginamlee
02-11-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm going to post photos under a Timbuk2 Urban Commute subject heading so hopefully more people can see them!

pbreckles
02-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi Holly,

Check out the BEBER Diaper bag/knapsack....It fits conveniently and comfortably on your back or on the stroller...It has two insulated bottle pockets and the straps to attach it to the stroller for walking and jogging....I think it comes in navy and black....It also has a cell phone pocket on the front, cross the shoulder strap...It gives me two hands to deal with my kids or I can throw it on the stroller! I am bidding on one for my girlfriend...

There is a pocket on the inside to keep stuff separated but, maybe not big enough for what you are looking for...Check it out anyway!

There is an Ebay auction posted right now, ending tonight!

Go to the site www.beber.org and hit the Ebay tab....It will take you to all of the listings...

Pam

pbreckles
02-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi Holly,

Check out the BEBER Diaper bag/knapsack....It fits conveniently and comfortably on your back or on the stroller...It has two insulated bottle pockets and the straps to attach it to the stroller for walking and jogging....I think it comes in navy and black....It also has a cell phone pocket on the front, cross the shoulder strap...It gives me two hands to deal with my kids or I can throw it on the stroller! I am bidding on one for my girlfriend...

There is a pocket on the inside to keep stuff separated but, maybe not big enough for what you are looking for...Check it out anyway!

There is an Ebay auction posted right now, ending tonight!

Go to the site www.beber.org and hit the Ebay tab....It will take you to all of the listings...

Pam