PDA

View Full Version : Which is better for travel--Baby Sherpa or LE backpack?

SimplyMama
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM
We will be doing some traveling in the next few months...14 hour road trip, plane rides, and a cruise (w/a 7-9 month old baby). I think we need a good backpack diaper bag that we can haul everywhere with us, that will store everything we need it to and not be too heavy or bulky (BTW, we breastfeed so we won't need to take bottles).

I'm contemplating between the LE backpack diaper bag, and the Baby Sherpa. Does anyone have any insight or advice to help me make a decision?

Thank you!

hapahaolegirl
02-14-2005, 04:24 PM
I have the LE backpack, the one that was just discontinued but still on sale on the overstocks page. I really like it for travel. I was able to hold everything for my 4 month old DD in it and all of my little things as well. I also only breastfeed so I didn't need bottles either. I used the insulated bottle holders on the side for my bottles of water. The bag is well made and it seems like it will last forever. The straps are also nicely padded. It comes with a dirties bag and a decent sized changing pad. It also has a removable mommy bag which I just use as a purse and I usually just leave it out of my diaper bag. I use that space for things I need quick access to.
The con to it is that it's heavy on it's own. I think I've heard the Sherpa is lighter then the LE. It's $27.50 right now on the overstocks page! I paid $39.50 when I bought mine.

HTH
Kristen

SimplyMama
02-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Thank you for your reply! The LE sounds like a great bag, and with it being so much less money than the Sherpa, I think it may just be the winner. I'm glad to know that you like it, and hopefully, it won't be too heavy!

Thanks again...

alaible
02-14-2005, 06:24 PM
I would go with the LE backpack since you are breastfeeding. I heard that the cooler portion of the sherpa really takes up alot of storage space and if you aren't going to need it for bottles the space could be better used. I got the older style discontinued LE backpack for use when baby #2 arrives. I don't know much about the newer style LE backpack but I heard that there were only a few minor changes.