PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use their diaper bags for non-diaper purposes?

tny915
02-16-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm just curious. I love my Marsupial and Alpha 7, but since I'm only out and about with DD 3 days a week, I don't get tremendous use out of these bags most of the time. I'm playing with the idea of lugging these bags to the office and was just wondering what the rest of you do.

nov02mom
02-16-2005, 08:36 AM
I still cary mine most days with jacob....but I am trying to buy them with an eye ahead towards using some of them as tote bags! My Haiku will be with me forever!!!!

Emmas Mom
02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
I use my LE LT everyday as both a diaper bag & my purse. I work M-F & take it to work with me....my co-workers don't even realize it's also my diaper bag. :)

ktdid74
02-16-2005, 01:45 PM
I use my OCC small messenger as my purse. I'll use the large as both diaper bag and everyday bag.

junieblee
02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
I carry my T&L Small Bebe in Lina as a work purse all the time and I've gotten numerous compliments on it. People are always surprised it's a diaper bag. I also have an Alpha 7 that I will definitely use beyond the diaper period. I've gotten used to having all those pockets and can see myself buying "diaper" bags expressly to use as purses in the future!

junieblee
mom to emi

Momof3Labs
02-16-2005, 06:04 PM
I use my Maclaren tote as a work bag. And my Ella Caroline is a crocheting bag. My Ella Elaine holds our library books and tapes.

khakismom
02-17-2005, 11:44 AM
My everyday "purse" (that I take everywhere) is my Posh by Tori drama queen dipe bag. Love it, and always get compliments on it! :)

valdivan
02-19-2005, 12:01 AM
I use my T&L backpack as a gym bag and my small OCC messenger as a purse ( i LOVE it!). I also use my small T&L bag as a purse and that gets compliments as well. And my 2RH hen works well as a purse. Actually, I end up buying the diaper bags more for my own use than for a diaper bag! I just ordered a haiku bag to be a work/gym bag! And, of course, a diaper bag when the time calls for it :)

ann

ILoveLT
02-21-2005, 11:33 PM
I have used my Skip Hop on a business trip. I just got a Loom Bandicoot and am so in love with it that I am going to stop using my Coach Station bag and try carrying the Bandicoot for a week.

MamaKath
02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Why not? It used to be the only well designed and organized bags were briefcases, but they looked lousy. Now they are cool, but let's face it diaper bags are now leading when it comes to looks and functionality. :-)

I use Lands End Large Tailored Totes in Canvas as suitcases for my kids, a small tote as a purse, the SkipHop is often with me even without the kids, and that is just a few. :-) I actually was pulling out bags to sell recently and my husband was discouraging me since he felt they would work well for various purposes, lol. The few have purchased recently or plan to purchase soon will surely take me past diapering. I splurged on a Baby Sherpa a few months back just for the cooler feature since it is a really practical, comfortable bag to use and allows me to bring food for an older child with allergies.

So I think you should go for it!!! Enjoy the heck out of the bags, you are worth it right??? ;-)

AvasMama
02-23-2005, 08:57 AM
I use my Talene Reilly bag for work. I get compliments on it all the time!