PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a Loom Marsupial??

newmomto1
02-16-2005, 04:22 PM
I purchased one during the last co op & ended up selling it for 2 reasons. I got the black & thought it was a little blah looking. But the main reason was that I couldn't fit all my stuff in.

I have downsized more & was thinking maybe the Avocado color would look pretty for spring & summer.

I can't really remember if I thought the Loom was comfy or awkward on my shoulder. I never actually used it so it's hard for me to really remember it well.

I'd like to hear from the Marsupial owners what you think of your bag & what you carry in it.

Here is what I am currently hauling around with me:
3 size 4 dipes
Huggies wipes case
Avent sippy cup
0.5L water bottle
Loom Watermelon Clutch w/ my stuff in it
Ziploc bag w/ various items (shout wipes, wet ones, bibsters, etc)
Wallet
Cell phone
Purell hand sanitizer
1 cloth diaper
1-2 small toys
snack cup
1 granola bar
Altoids
travel kleenex

I am currently using the T&L Large Bebe for my daily bag. This all fits great in there...would it be tight on the Marsupial...or would there be room to spare??

Is the Loom heavier or lighter than the T&L??

Also..can anyone compare the Avocado color to the T&L Mia color..are they a similar green??

TIA :-)

audball
02-16-2005, 05:20 PM
I love the Avocado Marsupial that I got :)! It's a very unique color around here and the organization can't be beat. I have two in diapers, so I put a diaper supply in the car as well. But here is what I have been able to fit in it:
Exterior side pocket - leave for a sippy cup
Exterior side pocket II - for small "grab" items: cell phone, Palm Pilot, lip balm, pen, clip-ons, keys
Rear exterior pocket: 2 Babybug books, hand sanitizer
Interior: wipes case, wallet (I love that my wallet fits snugly in there - no security issues!), 2 size 4 dipes, 2 size 5 dipes, baggies, DS meds, 3 snack cups, one extra snack cup (small), bottle (in insulated pocket), lotion, spoon, 2 disposable placemats, surprise treats (toys and fruit gummys), changing pad (I use my OiOi one) rolled into other interior pocket. Also mints, travel kleenex, small camera, and cheek stick (facial moisterizer) for kids.

Super comfy as a shoulder bag, can be challenging as a messenger. I'm 5'2" and can wear it as a messenger, but there are times (like when we park tightly) that I have to remove it as a messenger and put it back on my shoulder. I've never bumped into anyone while using it, but I'm sure it can happen.

I have a mia T&L backpack, so I included pics. The mia is more of a kelly green and my marsupial is more of a spring-like green. It's very difficult to photograph the Loom ballistic nylon because of the sheen from the flash. Don't laugh at the comparison picture, but I have a lot of green in my house and I couldn't find a "normal" green to compare these both. So I used our favorite backpack (in our house anyway) as a standardized color. Everyone knows Backpack's purple/pink shade...just to give you an idea!

All your stuff would fit in the Loom (I think), but you may not have a lot of room to spare like in your T&L Large. I was able to put a stuffed animal on top of this all today. But I think the trade-off is all these moms at playgroup today kept asking me for wipes and hand-sanitizer, because they couldn't find anything in their bags ;)!

I think the bags may be similar in weight. I haven't tried a large bebe, but in comparison to my backpack, my marsupial is lighter...

ETA: Attachment 2 has a side view comparison with my old red skip hop..some people are familiar with that red for a comparison of color.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21691.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21693.jpg

newmomto1
02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for all the info & the great pics!!
Question: you said you keep your cell phone, palm pilot, etc. in one of the side pockets. Are they secure in there?? From what I remember those side pockets were pretty wide open. I would be afraid those items might fall out. This is definitely one of my issues b/c I like to keep my cell phone handy.

audball
02-16-2005, 06:37 PM
The combo of everything in there is a tight enough fit that they don't fall out (and the side bottle pockets are pretty deep), but yes, if I'm out in a crowded area, I re-pack to ensure that the cell phone and palm pilot are not easily accessible (I just put them in the rear exterior pocket). For the days when it's just me and other kids and moms, the side pocket is really handy.

One thing I forgot - I too had a Watermelon and I ended up giving it up when I pack this bag (kinda funny, since it's one of the reasons I got it was FOR the marsupial). It can sit up on top, but everything else fits so nicely in the pockets already, it seemed redundant to carry the clutch and the bag when I knew I would have the bag with me all day. This frees up a lot of room on top.

tori
02-16-2005, 08:38 PM
HI! I have a loom marsupial and overall I love it!!! I use my bag as a backpack on a daily basis and the only problem I have encountered with it is when I put my sons sippy cup( a playtex one with handles) in one of the exterior pockets it usually falls out. I have now switched sippy cups to one with out handles and that seems to have solved the problem. They are great bags!!!!

Good Luck

Victoria

newmomto1
02-16-2005, 09:46 PM
How do you wear the Marsupial as a backpack???
(Or do you have the Bandicoot??????????)

chubbycheeks
02-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Oh, I love this bag! I keep debating on getting one and your pic with all your stuff inside made me think that it would really work for me. I just got a Kecci, which I really like, but I love the clean look of the Loom. Now I may just have to go and order one. . I love the color green as well. Really smart bag.

balessingo
02-18-2005, 06:06 PM
thanks for the pics! i've been trying like crazy to see the inner color and couldn't find it on any of the sites that sell LOOM bags. :)

tori
02-18-2005, 10:17 PM
OOOOps sorry I have the bandicoot!!!!!

Victoria