PDA

View Full Version : Smaller than Skip Hop--LE LT? Another bag?

Rach3975
02-17-2005, 08:54 PM
I love my Skip Hop but have been feeling the need for a smaller bag to use when we're running out quickly. DS is now 16 months old, and I feel like I carry less for him every day. An outside sippy cup holder, interior pockets, and the ability to carry the bag messenger style are must-haves. I'd consider going up to $50, but the less expensive, the better. It doesn't have to be a diaper bag, but I haven't had much luck finding reasonably priced non-diaper bags that fit my criteria.

This little bag has to fit:
2 or 3 size 4 diapers
wipes case
disposable changing pad
snack trap
sippy cup (on the outside)
small toy or book
cell phone
keys
small wallet

I was looking at the Lands' End Little Tripper, but I'm wondering if the size difference between it and the Skip Hop is enough to make it worthwhile. Same for the smaller LL Bean Travel Touring Bag. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Mikesa3
02-17-2005, 09:28 PM
I don't have the Skip Hop but I have the LE LT and what you listed would fit well in it.I put a sippy in one side pocket and my cell in the other.I'm thinking about putting my wipes in a baggy to give me more room.I have the Huggies one and wonder if there's a smaller wipes container I could get.Here's a post with both pictured together.Look at picture #4.http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=8864&mode=full
HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

pittsburghgirl
02-18-2005, 10:10 AM
The LLBean is definitely much larger than the LE LT. I don't have a skip hop but I'm thinking the LT is definitely smaller. I am not currently using my LT because we switched to cloth dipes and they don't fit it it! It is definitely pretty compact and will work messenger style, that is how I usually used mine.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

audball
02-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Maybe:
-Timbuk2 Mini Metro or Small Messenger (check Sierra Trading Post or REI on line for some good deals)
-One Cool Chick Small Messenger ($80 so maybe stretch in price range)
-Eddie Bauer Sling Diaper Bag ($35) but it's kinda a mix between messenger and backpack

Kind of a goofy suggestion, but did you ever think about checking out kid's sized messengers? Hanna Andersson used to have one (it was on sale at their stores for $20 for awhile). Ebags may have some as well. They would be proportioned smaller, but still allow you to carry it messenger style.

hapahaolegirl
02-18-2005, 11:05 AM
I have the LT as well and I love it for quick trips. I carry a few more things then you do and it all fits perfectly. I even took it hiking and it worked great!

HTH
Kristen