PDA

View Full Version : What bags other than Skip Hop are made to attach to the stroller?

alaible
02-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi all,
Someone just gave us a double stroller that has the tiniest storage basket I have ever seen. There is no way my husbands Lands End Backpack will fit into that storage basket. So now I am on the look out for a stroller bag, the bigger the better since it will be for 2 kids in diapers. Are there any other options besides Skip Hop?

August Mom
02-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I have this one in black and like it. http://store.babycenter.com/product/gear/strollers/stroller_toys/4118 The Stroller Tote by J.L. Childress Company is more of a glorified mesh stroller bag without the mesh rather than a diaper bag. It is surprisingly roomy, though. However, if you like lots of organizational pockets, you won't like this bag. It has one main compartment and 2 small outside pockets. I usually put diapers, wipes and larger items in the main pocket. I put items I'll need to access (like a favorite snack or Purell) in the front pockets. If you have a side-by-side double, you could use 2 of these.

You can detach it from the stroller and carry it, but I don't like to do this much. The bag won't stand up on its own. Also, there is no shoulder strap, so you have to carry it with your hands.

I think the look of it is attractive, in a basic sort of way. It is lined in vinyl or some similar wipable surface in case of spills. I find it a useful bag to add stroller storage, but I don't think it would be a good all around bag. I treat mine more as another basket than a diaper bag.

callalillyanne
02-22-2005, 03:34 PM
I was looking around and just saw this one that attaches to a stroller- it is a higher priced one, but at least check it out: http://www.mycicy.com/shop/details.asp?ID=201&Type_ID=16&Designer_ID=

HTH! Happy Hunting :)

alaible
02-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Cute but way more than I wanted to spend. I guess I will wait and check out the new skip hops.

MamaKath
02-22-2005, 09:35 PM
What type of stroller (giving an idea of baskets, but also the handle style)? I know my friend has a Combi and has used the bag holders from the Kiwi to hang a variety of diaper bags from the handles. Other folks have managed to slip toy links over the handles and then attach the bag to them. He might be able to even use something like two Stroll'r Swivels to hold the backpack by its straps.

A pp mentioned the JLChildress bags, and they can be a great addition though not a true diaper bag. On a double you could easily have two and use one for each childs stuff. My favorite thing about them should crack a few of you up though. ;-) They came in plastic zipper bags as packaging. The bags are perfectly sized to hold all your diapering supplies as a quick grab and go change kit, lol. Alphabetz makes a similar one as well, BuyBuyBaby carries them.

HTH~