PDA

View Full Version : Is the Escape pod worth the money?`

mom to little e
02-19-2005, 10:18 AM
I love the idea of all of the organization but don't know if that is worth $50 bucks. If you have one, do you just love your Escape Pod? I think that I might also like to be able to carry a sippy cup so it probably rules this out. Is there anything else out there like this but can carry a sippy cup?

Casey
Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!

Rach3975
02-19-2005, 08:52 PM
I don't know of any designer Escape Pod-like bags that will hold a sippy cup, but some people have found cosmetic bags at Target and Walmart that are similar and a bit larger. There are a few message threads about them.

dules
02-20-2005, 11:08 PM
I have it, and love it, but it does not hold a sippy cup. It's definitely for shorter errands.

I think it would fit inside another bag for organization...but I agree with the PP that it's probably not worth $50 for that alone.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Mary

priscilla73
02-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I had a Pink Stripe one and sold it NWT w/out trying it out. I just didn't feel that it was worth $50. The zippers were upside down and everything would just be too hard to get to. They are cute but there are also cute cosmetic bags out there for less than $15.

Chelsey333
02-23-2005, 12:06 AM
It is adorable, but I don't use it as often as I would like. I find it is more work for me to use bec I have to carry the sippy cup and some toys bec they won't fit. I still love the look of it, but I definitely didn't need it. I should have bought a small bag that can fit a sippy.

audball
02-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I saw it for the first time IRL and I would have to say no. I guess I thought that the layout would be really ingenious, there would be something new there. Other than the zipper redesign and some cool prints, it really did look like a glorified cosmetic case. I could see paying maybe $25-$30..

Sorry - I don't mean to offend anyone who loves theirs, but I was looking with a critical eye. I mean, $50! That's a diaper bag right there, right? ;)

newmomto1
02-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I purchased one & sold it without ever using it.
I just couldn't find any practical use for it (for me).
There was no way I could use it on it's own...I wouldn't even be able to fit my "essentials" in there.
And, it was too big IMO to use IN a larger bag.
Even if I could use it in another bag...it seems like it would be a lot of work to start dealing with all the zippers to get something out.
If you're a super light packer & don't need to carry a lot with you then you may like it.
I ALWAYS have a sippy cup for DS & a water bottle for me...even on the shortest outings...so right there, no EP for me!!

dules
02-25-2005, 01:25 PM
FYI, the new ones have reversed the zippers to fix the "upside down" problem!

Best,
Mary

zapmansmom
02-25-2005, 10:37 PM
No, not worth it.
I went to Marshalls and found a very cute Nick and Nora makeup bag that had compartments in side. This is the greatest bag for quick trips or just leaving in the car. I have the EP and have used it once.

Claudine~Interior Designer

Mom to a Super Hero
named Zapman
aka(Zach) 5 months