PDA

View Full Version : My good deed,,,

kylesmom
02-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, I was looking around a website at diaper bags as this is my latest obsession. I won't name the website. As I am looking at their new arrivals page and scrolling dowm I see a Striped Fleurville Mothership for ten cents.:o That's right ten cents. They also have it listed at the top of the page for $160 It is not my style and I didn't really want it but it says 10 cents So I think I must be reading this wrong and hit the purchase button and it puts it in my basket for ten cents and free shipping. I know this must be a mistake but I am justifying to myself that may be it is a promotional thing or some such thing. So I am getting ready to buy it and decide that I will email them to see if it is correct and they email me back that no it is not and they only see where it is listed for the correct price. So I direct them to the correct place and they email me back and thank me, say they need customers like me and offer me 5% off the bag, just the bag, which I didn't really want anyway and only that day Anyway at least I did the right thing!

callalillyanne
02-21-2005, 09:34 PM
That is a good deed! I would have been tempted to rake it for ten cents- although it would be kind of eery...good job!

ShayleighCarsensMom
02-22-2005, 01:08 AM
That was very nice of you! I cant believe they only offered you 5% though...their cost on that bag is less than $100!

punkadoodle2
02-22-2005, 10:23 AM
I can't believe they only offered you 5% off either. You could have bought it for 10 cents and "run with it", but you didn't...you were honest. Geez, for saving them they should have offered to send you one or choose a diaperbag of choice!

You did the right thing though!

audball
02-22-2005, 10:13 PM
That was very nice of you...at least they made an effort to recognize your honesty. Something like this happened to me over the holidays with a very cool activity cart from Melissa and Doug (it has a bunch of puzzles, blocks, etc. on a rolling cart). The webpage said it was $15, but the retail is about $80. A bunch of other women on another board bought it as well...some bought 3 or 4!

It turns out-I'm guessing, since they never told us the truth- that it was an input error with their software (probably meant to punch in 15% discount off list or something). Anyway, we ALL got an email saying that due to high demand, they ran out of the product. Then they told some other customers that someone hacked into their site! In any case, no one who placed the order (including the gal who tipped us off on the deal) got the toy.

Somehow, they always have a way of saving their behind! ;)

punkadoodle2
02-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Gosh, I didn't even think about my good deal for Christmas when I posted earlier. I went surfing the web for the best deal on a Kelly Rightsell rug. Came across one that was $60 instead of $160. I ordered it immediately and posted it as a bargain. Well, they realized the mistake and changed it that same day on their website! I did however, receive my rug! It should be $160!!!! Several people said they didn't lose any money on me...they got it already from other people. I have to admit that I didn't feel real bad about it! I was really surprised that I did get it, I figured they'd tell me it was a mistake!