PDA

View Full Version : My big Haiku weekend review!! (X -post to babybags)

nov02mom
02-22-2005, 07:58 AM
OK this review is going to be a little gushy, but I LOVE this bag!!!!!!! Jacob and I went down to my mom's for the weekend and I tool the haiku (plum Asian) with me to test out. The first day we only stayed out for a few hours, and it did great....very comfy to wear either as a shoulder bag or as a messenger. I think the strap being pretty wide and made of a kind of non-slip material helps me alot on the shoulder, where my bags always fall off.
The next day we were out for the whole day so I really packed it up!!! Here is what what in it:
Camera & 2 batteries
3 diapers (sz6)
wipes case
bib
spoon
plastic dish
sippy cup
my water bottle
extra juice (small gerber bottle)
small notebook & pen
extra outfit (pants, shirt, socks)
cosmetics bag w/mommy stuff
diaper cream
2 packs of peanut butter crackers
8 snack cups (the disposible small ones- yes we like snacks!)
4 jars of baby food (stage 3)
2 snack applesauces
the Haiku changing pad
Yes, it was heavy but it all went in and closed!!!! I wore it messenger most of the day because that helped with the weight some....but again the wide strap really helped distribute it.
The lady at the Wal-Mart photo place was dying over it!!!! She just couldn't believe it was an actual diaper bag. It rained on us for part of the day on Sat. and you would never know it to look at the bag....still looks perfectly new.
My only comment about the thing that bugs me is the lack of adjustible straps. I really think this might make the bag a little harder for people at either end of the spectrum to wear both ways. I think tall people could wear it as a shoulder bag and shorter ones could wear it messenger, but not both. It's pretty long on me as a shoulder bag and I'm 5'4"- not too bad, but just a little longer than I would wear mine usually.
I LOVE LOVE this bag- totally worth full price.....and I know ya'll never thought you'd hear me say that about any bag!!!
Kristen

callalillyanne
02-22-2005, 02:57 PM
I liked your review. It sounds like this bag is even better in person. May I politely ask if you have any pictures you could post? Thanks!

writeleigh
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Wow! I'm glad you love it. I'd also love to see pictures- they look very cute online. Thanks for the review.

nov02mom
02-22-2005, 04:29 PM
I have pics, but have no clue how to post them on this board!!!! If you want- shoot me an e-mail and I'll send them to you!!
nov02mom at aol dot com

MamaKath
02-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Kristen, I always love to hear your thoughts on a new bag!!!! You are so open and honest with the good and bad. :-) I would love to see pics, though sadly it sounds like it won't work for someone my size as a messenger bag. Thanks for your great review.

On the side, I need to email you. I got yours and it has been buried in my need to respond file. (Blushing) I didn't want you to think it was because of the inaug. disc. ;-)

Congrats on the BabyBags modship too, it suits you well!!! :-)

nov02mom
02-22-2005, 10:44 PM
hehehe........I'm just glad to hear that someone else has a "needs to respond too" file other than me!!!! I'll shoot you some pics!

MamaKath
02-22-2005, 11:04 PM
I feel so special. :-) Thank you!!!

Andrea5flk
02-23-2005, 01:23 AM
Great review K.

I love mine also, and I have not raved so much over one bag as I have about the Haiku!!! Thanks for your review. Would love ot see your pictures too!