PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a "Daycare Diaper Bag"? If so, what?

Canna
02-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Would the LE Do It All be a good choice for the purpose? Or too big? Any ideas?

mom2aidan
02-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I just use a canvas tote bag for his daycare and it works well. It can fit everything he needs for the day.

MamaKath
02-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Depends grealty on what needs to be in it. Many daycares either have you stock or they supply diapers, wipes, formula, baby food, etc. You often leave the spare clothes there as well. In that case you probably need just a small bag, with basics in case you need something going home (or if your spouse picks up and doesn't have supplies). If you need to bring the supplies each day, the Do-it-all should work well, is a decent price, good quality, and will work well.

When my kids went part time and I had to send supplies as they went the DIA and the Vera Bradley Baby Bag were great along with a soft lunch box (Target always has tons) for food. When I used care that kept supplies for me (also used this for church nurseries and the like) I got a small canvas tote at the craft store and painted a design and my child's name on it. It is perfect for a diaper or two, wipes, a small snack with a sippy, and maybe a toy or other lovey.

HTH~

yellowdogmom
02-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Ditto what Kath said. My DS's daycare stocks his diapers, wipes, diaper cream, etc. and a spare outfit and he has a second "blankie" that stays there as well. Now that he is eating "big kid food" he eats the hot lunch that his center provides...so we don't carry a bag at all at this point. When he was smaller we used an insulated lunch bag for his bottles and food. We do use a tote bag on days that we need to bring in diapers or wipes for re-stocking his little bin.

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

swan01
02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
It is pretty funny, but the free Enfamil bags they give away in our local hospitals fit perfectly in the infant cubbies at our day care. There are 8 infants in DDs infant room and I think 6 of their cubbies have an Enfamil bag in them each day. One person probably discoved that it fit well and everyone else went with it. I know I was going to toss mine eventually, but once I saw how well it worked for everyone else, I just joined in!

jdm
02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
I use the LE Do It All but I have to supply the diapers and wipes. When my son was younger I used to pack a lot more in it. Now that he's older we're down to a change of clothes, diapers and wipes but I like the fact that I don't have to restock the bag as much.

--k

khakismom
02-23-2005, 02:36 PM
My girls are at a school setting (12m and older), so I don't bring anything in anymore. But when they were at the daycare for the first 9 months, I used the free Enfamil/Similac bag given to me from the hospital. It worked perfectly, and I didn't have to spend a dime on it. :)