PDA

View Full Version : How to host a Group Purchase/CO-OP

zapmansmom
02-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Hello,

I would love to host a Group Purchase/CO-OP. How do I go about it?
Thank you,
Claudine~Interior Designer

Mom to a Super Hero
named Zapman
aka(Zach) 5 months

callalillyanne
02-24-2005, 09:43 AM
I am in the same boat as you are. I am a stay at home mom with my 2 and 1/2 mo. old daughter and I would love to host a group purchase/co-op as well! Does any one out there know what the details are? Thanks everybody!

mattysmom
02-24-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't know if this is the "official" way to do it, but when I hosted a co-op (or really just a group discount), I contacted the vendor directly and asked if she/he was interested and sort of made a proposal which I thought would be inticing to members. I organized an ISM discount a while ago, the first Whimsical Wears co-op, and got special discounts for BBB members on fleecebaby sheets as well as chester bags. Each of the situations was different in terms of discount amount/%, length of time it ran, etc.

But, it was fun to work directly with a vendor and create a way for lots of people to save on things they "need"!

Are there specific products you're interested in? You might do a search to see if a co-op (the term loosely used to describe a discount - it can mean many things) has been done before, or perhaps, if not, why not.

Finally, (and perhaps most importantly!) there's a whole new topic area devoted to this and the new rules/requirements. You should defintely read this (it's the last category on the BBB site).

zapmansmom
02-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Thank you very much for the info!!! I will look into it!!!

Thank you,
Claudine~Interior Designer

Mom to a Super Hero
named Zapman
aka(Zach) 5 months

callalillyanne
02-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely follow your suggestions! :)