PDA

View Full Version : Have one bag need a second

caf
02-24-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm due in six weeks and I already have a Skip Hop but I think I'm going to need a bigger bag also. My DH will have to carry it too (and he will not carry a bag that looks girly) so I've narrowed it down to The Maruspial, LE DIA, and possibly the LL Bean bag. Any suggestions on these three or a different one?

MamaKath
02-24-2005, 09:57 PM
I guess it depends on how you will use it and what you need to carry in it. If you have a hospital birth, you'll get a diaper bag most likely. That in combination with the SkipHop will hold everything you need and then some, if you want to hold off to get a better idea of what you'll really need. I know lots of my thoughts on what I needed to have changed after giving birth, as did my husband's thoughts on what he was willing to carry. ;-)

I do have a Lands End Do It All (older version) which is great in the very beginning, to leave in the car with emergency supplies, and for traveling. Even if it isn't an everyday bag, it is a great bag at a reasonable price that will get used. I also really like the LL Bean, but it is very purse-like IMO. The Marsupial is not going to hold up long term IMO, the materials just are not tough enough; I would be hesitant to spend that amount on a bag that is not so tough.

HTH~

Rach3975
02-25-2005, 12:31 AM
The LE DIA and LL Bean bag are both great bags, IMO, but they are very different in size. The LE DIA is much bigger. Which would be better for you depends on how you plan to use it and what other (non-diaper) bags you have.

If you want something you can carry every day, the DIA might be too big and bulky. On the other hand, if you plan to use the Skip Hop every day and just want something for the rare occasion when you need a lot of stuff, like for travel or a full day out, the DIA might be better because the LL Bean might not be big enough. If you have other bags that would fit the bill for those pack-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink days (like an old backpack, which is what I use for those days), you might not need the DIA.

Given that you have 1 bag already, I'd second the idea to wait until after your baby is here to decide what you need. What you really carry on a daily basis might be very different from what you think you'll carry. In addition, I find that the amount I carry changes every few months as my son enters a new stage.

Wow, that was longwinded. Hope there's something useful in it!

caf
02-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll wait until the baby is here to see what I need.