PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag backpacks

cmyeh102
02-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi there,

I've been lurking on these boards for a while now & my mind is swimming with all the different bags people have used/recommended. I've also had quite a workout trying to figure out the shorthand...T&L, T2, LE LT, etc. :) (Still...what is WW? Haven't solved that one yet!)

Anyway, I am 7 1/2 months pregnant with my first baby & I'm thinking about getting a backpack diaper bag. I'm debating between the following:

1. Okkatots
2. Baby Bjorn
3. Combi
4. Lands End

Have any of you used any of these bags? Can you share your experiences with these bags with me? I noticed a few of you used to have the Combi backpack but either retired or sold them. Just wondering if they aren't as user-friendly as they look online.

Many thanks!
Carol

MamaKath
02-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Abbreviations-
LE= Lands End
LE LT, DIA= Lands End Little Tripper, Do It all
T2= Timbuk2
T&L=Timi & Leslie
WW= Whimsical Wears (A WAHM bag business that is currently closed due to a health emergency)

Onto the backpacks-
1.) Okkatots- Very new, seems very similar to the Dekko and Kapoochi bags which also come out of Australia. Haven't seen one, so can't comment further.

2.) Baby Bjorn- Good quality though fairly basic backpack.

3.) Combi- Neat features, quality lacks, especially on the zippers (at least on the ones I have seen). I would keep going.

4.) Lands End- Excellent quality, made to last. Large. The older ones have tended to be on the heavier side. Each version so far has had some neat, thoughtful features, like the removable parent pack on the last one.

Some others worth checking out though I don't know exactly what you are looking for functionality or sizewise. Larger, sporty- Baby Sherpa, Eagle Creek Parent Survival Pack, Kelty Diaper Day Pack, Eddie Bauer Diaper Backpack (from the Eddie Bauer site not Target or other stores), Safeline Kids Timberline backpack. More fashionable- Chester Backpack, Oi Oi backpack, Loom Bandicoot, Kecci Shanghai, Petunia Picklebottoms Backpack, Fleureville Alpha 7 (A7).

HTH~