PDA

View Full Version : POSH BABY BAG...is it worth the money?

javierandastrid
02-25-2005, 08:30 AM
If you have one, can you tell me what you like/dislike about it? which fabric?
does it come with the bum rug? i cant see myself spending another 30 bucks for that:)
i dont see any retailers in my area. i would love to see it IRL..so im just counting on you guys to help me. TIA

Astrid

robmab719
02-25-2005, 10:27 AM
I have one, and I like it a lot. I have the Poppy fabric (no longer available) and it gets a lot of compliments. It's roughly the size of the Mothership (maybe a tad smaller), plenty of pockets. I think it works better as a backpack than a messenger, but it works okay as a messenger. It's not as structured as a Mothership. It's a bit more floppy. But it still stands on its own and is very "stuffable." It does come with the Bum Rug.

Things I don't like: messenger strap is hard to adjust (maybe it just needs to get broken in), interior is black (thank goodness for all the pockets!), outside bottle pockets are very shallow (still hold a sippy or Avent, but it doesn't seem as secure as bags with deeper pockets).

Things I love: so stylish (doesn't look like a diaper bag), the fabric is beautiful (waterproof but not shiny vinyl), holds plenty of stuff (even when I overpack), very lightweight, front pockets are very secure because they are under the zip-out flap (no worries about mommy stuff getting stolen or falling out).

TaChapm
02-25-2005, 11:18 AM
YES! It is so worth the money! I finally packed mine up and used it yeaterday and I LOVE it.
I have a KIWI Stripe. It is a beautiful washable fabric but not like the MS. Personally I like the black interior. None of my baby stuff is black so i think it is easy to find against the black if that makes any sense. The pockets are great. I think the orginization is so much better than the MS. Even though it is a bit smaller than the MS I think it holds a lot more. I am 5'9 and the MS was still too large on me. The strap is is overwhelming. I love that the strap on the Posh Baby is adjustable. I'm not a big backpack person but I like that I have the option to use it as one. It does come with a bum rug and I was pleasently suprised at how much I liked it. I honestly thought the bum rug would be like all the other changing pads that I have hated but I think I will actually use this one. It is all cloth but 100% washable.

I am going to post pictures when Jackson goes down for a nap today..I promise! :)

I think this is the best bag ever!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png

javierandastrid
03-01-2005, 03:35 PM
thanks a lot for the info and the pictures. i ordered mine today. i can't wait!:D