PDA

View Full Version : dumb question: monogram/ initial on diaper bag?

nfowife
02-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi, this is a really dumb question but I am going to get an ebay boutique diaper bag with a monogram (as a starter bag until I decide what my needs really are once baby arrives), and it comes with a monogram or initial on it. Do you get your own monogram/initial or the baby's? I'm such a dodohead but I can't decide! What's the norm?
Thanks!

alaible
02-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I had a lands end bag monogramed and I put our last name on it. I figured that way it could be used for baby #2 or even as a travel bag without babies. So if it was me I would go with the initial of your last name.

Mikesa3
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
I just got a Lil Tripper with my first initial on it.I'm sure it has been done either way.Baby or yours.HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

MamaKath
02-25-2005, 08:47 PM
I would go with your first or last initial.

I asked this awhile ago and the general thought was that it is your bag not the baby's. ;-) With that in mind I had one initial put on mine, just for me. :-) Now I can carry it as a purse as well as a diaper bag.

HTH~

pittsburghgirl
02-25-2005, 09:05 PM
I have a LE bag with my DS's initials. I wish I had just gotten a monogram with our last initial... since if we have another it's not likely he/she will have the same initials and I don't use the bag enough for it to wear out before then!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

zapmansmom
02-25-2005, 10:21 PM
I would use your family name or the first letter of your last name. That way it can be used for another child.

Claudine~Interior Designer

Mom to a Super Hero
named Zapman
aka(Zach) 5 months

HHCs Mom
02-26-2005, 10:33 PM
I debated this as well before getting my Vera Bradley bag monogrammed. I just got the first letter of my last name on it so I could use it with another child and even use it after I am finished having children.
HTH!
Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04