PDA

View Full Version : Sad about WW -- DESPERATE for a fun bag!

downwarddog
02-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone,
You were all so helpful when I first posted about my need for a nice diaper bag last summer. I got on the WW coop but unfortunately she couldn't make me one because she ran out of the fabric. :-( I was going to LOVE that bag!!!

So, please direct me to another place I can find a great, fun bag. Right now I'm using my Enfamil black nylon bag you get free from the hospital. Functional, but not so fun!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

MamaKath
02-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Too bad on the WW bag. What style of fabric are you looking for and what price? Some of the moms have found ebay sellers with custom bags. You might try even the Baby Bags Yahoo group to see if there are any WW bags in the same fabric. Vera Bradley is a company with beautiful fabric bags in many smaller shops and online. Even checking out www.Ebags.com or www.overstock.com for purses, there are sometimes cute fabric totes. Also places that carry a variety of diaper bags like www.expressivetoys.com may be a good place to start looking. If you give more info on style, cost, features, you will probably get lots of recommendations. Also check out the recent list of new bags that one of the girls posted below, it has lots of brands and price ranges in folks lists. Fun to check some out, lol!

HTH get you restarted~ :-)

pittsburghgirl
02-25-2005, 09:03 PM
I got a custom bag from Clutterbags on ebay. She has a web site to view the bags she has already made:

http://www.clutterbags.com/ClutterbagCollection.asp?BagType=Novelty

(mine is the music bag)

After I bought a spring fabric on ebay I emailed her to see if she could make me a custom bag (not a new style, just custom fabric.) She actually went out and found exactly the fabric I wanted (the musical instruments) and actually found a more interesting lining fabric than I envisioned. It was cheaper than the WW bag that I had cancelled when Kim wasn't able to fulfill my order. I use it all of the time and it is holding up well. I even washed it when I got stroller-wheel dirt on it (delicate, cold, woolite) and it still looks brand-new. Janie is very nice to work with. She charged me a little more than her regular price because she went out looking for my fabric.

HTH.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png