PDA

View Full Version : more info please on the loom watermelon clutch or similar

mom2lukas
02-28-2005, 12:31 AM
i noticed a lot of you have listed the loom watermelon clutch as in item in your diaper bags. i'm considering maybe getting it as a "mini purse". how do you like it? how is the fabric? what's the inside like? anyone know if they will add more colors? or is there another "clutch" you prefer better to store your wallet, phone, etc?

tia!
joey :)

audball
02-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I have the orange and white flower clutch - which I think is made of a different waterproof material than the red or greens. It has kind of a waxy coating (good for us up here in the rainy NW), but it's bright, so I can find it anywhere. I like the shape (semi-circle), but packed, it's still a larger size clutch. I can't use it in my Marsupial, for example, because it's a little thick (I put my small wallet, keys, cell phone, and chapstick in it - so not a tremendous amount!). But it's really helpful for me to have it when I'm out alone, or in my medium Timbuk2 (which is huge and things are swimming in it).

Personally, I prefer the wrist clutches by Posh by Tori - great size, is flat (which means you can fit it better into bags), and fun prints. I had posted before about a great place (in Maui of all places!) to get one at a great price. The owner is super-sweet too:

http://www.lovesendlesspossibilities.com/posh.htm

HTH!

mom2lukas
03-04-2005, 11:02 AM
thanks for the info on the watermelon! i just checked out the updated loom website last night, and it looks like they won't be making the watermelon anymore. so i guess that answered itself! none of the colors jumped out at me, and now that i see a new LILAC marsupial, it wouldn't make sense to get a different color now.
i checked out the posh by tori wristlets as well, but none seem to jump out at me. so i guess my search will continue!
thanks again
joey :)

mcdonald29
03-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Hi -hopefully not too late to give my $0.02.

I just got a red watermelon clutch (from Marianna) and LOVE it! It's the perfect solution to switching between diaper bags and when just running into the store w/o the whole big one. I can fit my wallet, cell phone, keys, and lipstick. The red is nylon, with a lighter red (not quite pink) curved stripe.

Too bad they're not being made anymore -I might be tempted to get more if new colors were coming out. Why can't I ever find the Loom web site? Could someone please point me in the right direction?...

Sarah

audball
03-05-2005, 03:59 PM
www.loomlife.com :)

lucilp
03-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Hi, can you tell me where in Maui sells the Posh by Tori wrist clutches for cheap. We are heading out there in April so I may have to check it out. :)

audball
03-06-2005, 12:31 AM
She only has a PO Box on her website:
http://www.lovesendlesspossibilities.com/index.htm

but she emailed me that she was near Mt. Haleakula (what a cool place to have your business!). She sounds very sweet (of course, I just forgot her name - LOL!). Her purses and earrings on her website are gorgeous....

lucilp
03-06-2005, 02:32 AM
Ah, should have clicked on the link you provided earlier...duh. :) Thanks for the info!