PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Patemm pad? What do you think of it??

mattysmom
02-28-2005, 06:46 AM
I've been thinking about these for a few months and read back posts that some people had purchased one last fall... and was curious how everyone was enjoying them. I was curious to know if the small seemed "large" enough - and if so, for babies upto what age? (or when did it start feeling small?) Also, if you got the one with pockets, has the "system" worked for you?

I know someone contacted the owner back in the fall, but I thought if people had good reviews of their patemm pads that I would contact her again and see if she was interested in any sort of co-op/BBB discount...

Thanks!

nd93
02-28-2005, 09:41 AM
I would be interested in one!

dules
02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
I have been very tempted but I wish they were machine washable. If they were, I'd absolutely have one by now. They are so great looking!

Best,
Mary

writeleigh
02-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I do not have one, but have always been curious about them. I wish I could see one IRL and see if it's something I'd use a lot.

skipperlou
03-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I got a Patemm pad for Christmas after requesting it. I have the large with pockets. My DD is 6 months old.

I mostly keep it stocked in the car for use at other people's home (during playgroups, family visits, etc). I like that the large size will contain a diaper blowout or peeing during changing to prevent damage to someone else's carpet or couch. It is a type of vinyl, so you can wipe clean any mess (no need to machine wash as a PP asked).

I just returned from a vacation in CO and I took the Patemm as our main changing pad. We used it in the hotel and at family's homes. I just had to take the stocked pad in, instead of a whole diaper bag (which I kept in the car in case I needed it). I love it. My daughter was entirely on the pad, so she couldn't make a mess anywhere.

HTH!
Lara

nd93
03-03-2005, 07:37 PM
What color/pattern do you have?

skipperlou
03-03-2005, 08:59 PM
I got the Emma...it's the one shown on the homepage. It's a Rose/Red color with brown piping.

Lara

dules
03-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi,

Just to clarify, I want to machine wash for the OTHER side...not for friends' houses but for public changing tables, etc...total germophobe here and if it can't go in the machine I can't stomach it.

Best,
Mary

skipperlou
03-04-2005, 11:00 AM
I can understand your concern.

I use a Clorax Disinfecting wipe to wipe it down after use in a public place (which rarely happens since I mostly use it at other people's homes) and also wipe it down every week just for good measure. For public places, I use a disposable incontinance pad which I can throw away after use (thanks to someone on this board!).

Lara

nd93
03-04-2005, 11:30 AM
The Emma is beautiful. My girls are either out of diapers/almost out otherwise I'd get that one. My DS is 11 mo old, so I'm leaning towards the patrick.

People have mentioned disposable changing pads. I've seen ones by huggies on line, but where have people purchased these? I have not found them at Target.

Could you possibly post a picture of your patemm? How big is it when folded up?

Thanks again!

jennielh73
03-05-2005, 10:11 AM
I haven't used my patemm pad, as this little one hasn't arrived yet, but i would say it's pretty big. it's 29 inches open and folds up to 10 inches by 10 inches. just as previous posters mentioned germs i'm worried about using it public places. we attend lots of baseball games and i'm thinking i could use it on a picnic table, wipe it down with clorox wipes then put it in the stroller basket...what do you think???

I have attached photos of my patemm pad :)

meshell
03-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Thank you so much for posting those pictures! It really is big! And that is the exact color/pattern I was thinking of getting (the pictures on the website don't really give you a great idea). Yours is beautiful. Thanks for helping me make my decision!

jennielh73
03-05-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm glad it helped :)