PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Messenger Bag Review

mommato2boys
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I got my new Chrome Mini Metro Bag on Friday (www.chromebags.com). I love it!!!

If you love messenger style bags, this is a great bag! (but it is a true messenger bag!) I got camo with black stripe....very nice...the material seems very durable and water proof. It has an very different seat belt bucket system for easy off and easy on...it seemed odd and a little heavy when I first got the bag, but it is a snap to put on AND I don't feel the extra weight of it at all. The shoulder pad is nicely padded and very easy to wear, I put it on and adjust it and really forget it is back there!!!! It is a larger bag, but great for all day trips to the zoo, vacation, shopping or just heavy packers like me!!!! ( I have 8 size 1 diapers, two wipe holders, a bottle of foaming hand cleanser, two outfits, one 8 oz bottle, a tupperware midget of powder formula,small baby brush, hand cream, Little tummy drops, extra receiving blanket, two extra pacifiers, two pairs of socks, clippers, butt cream, powder, a couple of toys, DS's shot card, diaper changing pad, burper, bib, 4 little huggies wash cloths and I still have room for my wallet, and snacks!)
It velcros shut and holds very well and shuts firmly each time and has room to expand slightly in case you need to put a sweater or something in at last minute but also has clips to close it too which can also be pulled tight.
It has a velcro closure pocket inside, spot for pens and little stuff. And also a small zipper closure.

I also discovered that it fits well on the handles of my stroller and can be adjusted so it doesn't hang as much which balances the stroller nicely.

It is a great bag, I am very pleased. But it is a true messenger, very sporty and is made to worn on your back, but once it is there, I forgot I was wearing it!!!!!! I LOVE this bag!!!!!!!

audball
03-01-2005, 06:25 PM
These bags are so cool...DH would looooooove it if I got a "baby" bag that looked like this...of course,then I would never see it because he would have it!

Congrats on your great find!:)

callalillyanne
03-01-2005, 06:43 PM
I agree congrats! I was looking at these my DH the other night...he really likes them and I do, too! I am a little concerned that it would be a bit to big for me, but the camo sounds so cool!

You'll have to give us an update as to how it functions.

Thanks for the review!

mommato2boys
03-04-2005, 11:33 AM
It is a big bag, but for some reason does not seem as bulky as the LE DIA bag. I think because you carry it on your back (I can carry it on my shoulder for short trips like in and out of car or stores but it is made to carry as a messenger bag) it seems to take up a lot less room. It fits on my back just fine and I really forget it is there. It fits nicely on the back of my stroller (once I adjust the strap slightly) and it is easy to access the bag to get what I need out.
It doesn't have a ton of pockets, but I am not crazy about a ton of pockets, I end up opening three or four of them to find what I need since I forget what pocket stuff is in....and forget letting someone else in the bag!!!!! My mother or my husband would make a mess of a bag with lots of pockets....they rip out everything until they find what they are looking for! It does have some pockets, and I like the velcro one in front to put my diaper wipes in, easy access!
I love this bag and it is working great. But I caution, it is sporty and it is a true messenger! But I am sold on the design and style! An excellent dad bag too!
This is a good bag for a day trip, I would say "most" wouldn't want it for an everyday bag, but I use it as an everyday bag, I like to know I won't run out of something or need something. Hope this helps someone!!!!