PDA

View Full Version : Baby Sherpa Shourthaul?s and wondering about extra bottle holders for the sides?

MamaKath
03-01-2005, 10:11 PM
I am wondering if I should get an extra mesh waterbottle holder since I don't carry baby bottles at all. Anyone do this? Is it worth getting them? Did you get extra mesh or extra insulated? If you use them on the regular Baby Sherpa, does it help the bag to feel a bit less bulky (the insulated bottle holder feels like it is making it very bulky)?

Also I would love to hear more about the Shorthaul bag. I am considering it as a more day to day backpack, since it has the features I love about my Baby Sherpa (the cooler for my kids dietary needs, enough room for my stuff and theirs, super comfy to wear so I am not sure I can ever go back, lol) but is a bit scaled down. I can't quite "figure it out" just looking at the pictures. I am wondering how the pockets are arranged, and how the "parent pocket" works (is it the pocket with the pacifiers in the pictures?). What do you like or dislike? Would this make a good backpack for days when I need more than the Essentials bag but less than the full Sherpa?

I emailed a few people directly awhile back, but got little to no info so I figured I's come straight to the source. ;-) :-) TIA for your time to answer my crazy questions!!!

Ami
03-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi,

Regarding the extra bottle pockets- the ones from your Baby Sherpa can be used on your Short Haul Sherpa so don't worry about buying extra ones. My DD is now four and we switched to the Short Haul for every day use for nursery school. It is a nice size, has the cooler which holds about 4 can drinks vs 6-7 in the Baby Sherpa.The parent pocket is the one inside which also has a key clip which is very cool. It doesn't have the bungee X but the buckle on the outside works well for putting jackets through. It has an optics pouch on the top that is soft lined and great for sunglasses. Their are 2 small mesh pouches -one on each side that I use to put my cell phone in and mydaughter puts her beanie baby in. It still has the toy loops and the diaper pad is in the back like the Baby Sherpa but slightly smaller.

It is also super comfy and my daughter even wears it and does up the sternum strap! There was a review on eBags just recently by a Mom who travels alot who bought one and is hooked on it being the best bag for traveling with a little one.

Hope this answers most of your questions.

Ami

heatherlynn
03-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi Kath,

I just wanted to say that I love the insulated bottle holders. I actually bought 3 extra and I keep them on my strollers! Oh, I also use one for my other diaper bags when I go out and take a cold bottle w/ me. My DH uses them for his Cokes when we go out, so I think they are definately worth having in any case.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

MamaKath
03-02-2005, 10:32 PM
"Regarding the extra bottle pockets- the ones from your Baby Sherpa can be used on your Short Haul Sherpa so don't worry about buying extra ones." Lol, that was one thought I had!

I am finding the Sherpa is great for lots of things, but isn't really my daily bag at this point. And the insulated cupholder doesn't get used when it is so cold out, so it is just making it bulkier.

Can you tell me what all you pack in your shorthaul at this point and how its packed? I am not so far off in my kiddos ages from your dd, so I am seeing my needs change though I still need a mommy bag all the time (and will for awhile I am sure, even on a part time basis).

TIA~

ETA- I am glad to hear that the buckle is easy to use and keeps stuff in that pocket. I love the bungie concept, but it broke so quickly. I have it rigged, but I like that buckle on the new version.

MamaKath
03-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Lol, I knew it was one of the diaper bag regulars who had mentioned it. ;-) The insulated ones huh? Do they hold an open drink easily without spilling? If they do, I might need a few. I am trying to figure out an exercise program for the warmer weather and keep thinking I need to figure out someplace for me and ds to have drinks. ;-) I am going to have to get out a stroller and the drink holder and see how it does.

Thank you for your thoughts, Heather you are always very helpful. I appreciate it.