PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville vs. PPB?

sconner
03-02-2005, 11:03 AM
I have to get a new bag! I have 2 under 2 and just am not happy w/my Baby Trend tote. Price isn't an issue so please just tell me what you think.

I really like the Fleurville and the PPB. Any tips??

Thanks,
Sara

audball
03-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Not sure if you are comparing the Fleurville Alpha 7 or the Mothership (MS) to the PPB, but if you are looking backpack, this is what I have seen posted about the Alpha 7:
Positives:
+convertible style is pretty comfortable - bp or messenger/shoulder
+fabrics are easy care
+decent interior organization
+nice outer pocket organization
+small feet on bag to protect it from elements
Negatives:
-may not easily fit Avents in side pockets
-changing pad is thin
-interior is black on some styles
-not a LOT of interior organization (one bottle holder, two front interior pockets, one large rear interior pocket)
-very square looking - also not that big

PPB Positives:
+Beautiful fabrics!! (probably a lot of pluses there)
+comfortable in both bp or messenger/shoulder style
+nice shape and roomy for lots of things
+bigger bag
PPB Negatives:
-has to be spot cleaned - even dry-cleaning has resulted in some floppy bags
-no protection on bottom of bag
-silk exterior can snag on things
-tends to be floppy, even when new

I am by no means an expert on both bags, but that's a start. The MS has lots of room, is very waterproof, comes in cool exterior designs, and decent interior organization. The negatives: some people have had issues with the vinyl developing pinpoint holes, the shoulder strap is not adjustable, it's very big looking on most gals.

Chelsey333
03-03-2005, 01:28 PM
I have a PPB backpack/messenger bag, an A7 and the Mothership. Of all of them I use the A7 more. The A7 is a bit smaller and that is why. I think the A7 has a ton of internal pockets, more than I have seen in most bags. I love the MS and the PPB bag, but they are bigger. I think the PPB does not look as big as it really is. I think I can fit more in the PPB than in the MS. They all feel light to me. The PPB does not have padded straps, so it could be uncomfortable if you wear your bag a lot. I think the PPB has a neat way of organizing. It has a zip out section for the diapers and wipes and I really like that. HOpe this helps.