PDA

View Full Version : Chester backpack owners - front pocket crooked?

Twin Mom
03-04-2005, 07:55 AM
OK. So I received my second Chester backpack. I sent the first one in Candy Stripe back b/c the front pocket was really crooked and I didn't like the pattern anyway. I just received my 2nd one, this time Florette and although the front pocket is less crooked, it still looks slightly off - DH even commented.

I really wanted to take the bag on my trip this week but I'm thinking about sending this one back too. I'm sure Roseann isn't going to want to send me another bag since it appears I'm the only one having this problem.

I looked in some old posts and it didn't look obvious in anyone elses pictures. I would post pictures of these bags, but I can't get them off my camera right now since it isn't working. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just too picky?

Thanks.

audball
03-04-2005, 09:49 AM
I just took a good hard look at mine (I had the Asian Print backpack from a few sales back - so at least three months) and it doesn't seem to have that problem. If you empty the bag and lay it flat, does it still look pretty bad? My only thinking is that maybe in the lighter color bags, the zipper issue looks a little more obvious? I'll be getting another one later this week (again, dark color though) and will check.

Definitely send it back. If it bothers you enough to comment on it, it will *always* bug you! I sent back my Timi and Leslie backpack after it developed a pinpoint hole. Lots of people love their T & L bags and I really felt like I was going against the grain, but it boils down to how you will feel every time you wear it or look at it. As for getting another...that's a hard one. Maybe you could find one off the Baby Bags Swap board...at least you would know that someone else used it and probably didn't have that issue!

Twin Mom
03-14-2005, 08:52 PM
So I'm back from my trip and I was finally able to get my pics off the camera. See what I mean?

Candy Stripe definitely looks very crooked while Florette is only slightly off but it still bugs me so I am going to send it back. I am really bummed but hopefully I will be able to get a new one.

punkadoodle2
03-14-2005, 11:07 PM
I have to agree with you. The striped one REALLY looks crooked. I'll have to check mine when I get it! Hope your next works out. My thought is, when you pay that much for a bag you need to be happy with it!

I'll have to take pictures of mine too.

Ellen

callalillyanne
03-15-2005, 08:30 AM
I agree too. You are not crazy! I would send it back if it bothers you, that is what customer service is for! I have the tote in florette, but was thinking about the backpack...I still want one- your candy stripe pattern was pretty, but I definitely would want the zipper to be straight! I would want it to be perfect, lol :)

Twin Mom
03-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I emailed Roseann and she gave me a return authorization number so I am going to exchange the Florette bag. I hope this one looks better or I guess I will have to give up. It's funny b/c I haven't heard anyone else say their bag was crooked but I've had 2 with issues.

punkadoodle2
03-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I received my animal cracker backpack the other day. My pocket wasn't crooked, I don't think, I'll post a picture. The problem with mine was that on the bottom there is a row where the stitching was removed and resewn. Where that row was removed it left holes in the fabric. I called and talked to Rosann and she said they'd send me a new one because she wanted me to be completely satisfied. I just wasnt' sure it would hold up well, not familiar with that laminated fabric. She is wonderful to work with. It's so nice to work with a company that has such excellent customer service!

Ellen

It won't let me attach. I'll post another one with pics

punkadoodle2
03-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Just curious...what ever happened with your Chester backpack? Did you finally get one that is straight??
I tried to post pics of mine, but for some reason it won't let me put them on here. I was able to post them before. Oh well...

Ellen

Twin Mom
03-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, funny that you ask. I did get a return authorization code but forgot to ask if she would send UPS to pick it up so after a few more follow up emails between us my bag is on it's way back to her and a new one is on its way to me. I did ask if she (and/or) someone could look at another bag to make sure it was ok before she sent it and she did do that for me so I really hope this one will work.

I hope you got your bag issue resolved as well.

punkadoodle2
03-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks. Hope yours works out, keep us posted.

Rosanne told me to go ahead and use the one she sent me that has a problem until she can get me the new one. That sure saved me because I was counting on it for a trip!