PDA

View Full Version : What do you like about your Skip Hop?

quinnsmom
03-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Wow. This board is hazardous to my financial health. I never really cared about diaper bags efore. But after reading all the posts on this board for a few days I am *convinced* that I now need a variety of bags to go with my mood/outfit/occasion/whatever!!!!

I think my first non-Target/BRU diaper bag purchase is going to be a Skip Hop.

What does everyone like about theirs?

I also just purchased a Maclaren Quest (The Places to go: Stollers! board is bad bad bad too!).

Does anyone have a Maclaren AND a Skip Hop? How do the two go together? Any tipping issues?

I know the Skip Hop was meant for strollers - so the tipping shouldn't be an issue. Just wondering since I am a newbie to the wonderful world of diaper bags.

Thanks! :)

callalillyanne
03-04-2005, 11:09 AM
I am new to the world of diaper bags myself. I, like you, never really thought much about diaper bags until my husband told me I could get a new one and I ended up finding this board on my search. Now I KNOW that I need one in one color or another from just about every designer! The funny part is that I was never a big purse person before either, but now I am definitely a diaper bag person! They are more fun than purses or soemthing, with all of the pockets and cool colors/patterns and stuff ;) Who knew???

Anyway, I don't have a skip hop yet, but I am waiting for the new ones to come out before I make my purchase. They look really cool! Now I just have to decide which style/color! The expo sounds really cool, but so does the dash! I think the organization of the expo and the dash will be really good. And, since the bottom of the new expo is expandable, it looks like it will stand on it's own instead of tipping!

Just a few thoughts :)

Have fun deciding!

audball
03-04-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't think you will have a problem with the Quest, but I had a few tipping issues with my Skip Hop Duo and our Volo...the Volo is VERY light and despite my weighing the bag down towards the bottom of the stroller, sometimes we still had issues (funny -it was when DH used the bag!).

I think it's definitely worth trying. I had the red canvas S*H and loved the color - just not the depth. Also, you can always use the shoulder carrying strap around the top of the stroller too if tipping gets to be a real issue. But I would just put the S*H as low on the stroller bars as you can...

murpheyblue
03-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh, this board is soooo dangerous. I think most people who spend time here have DH's who would like to hanve them committed.

I love how the SkipHop hangs on the stroller. It's got a fair amount of room in it though because it's tall and thin you do occasionally have to root around in it to get to stuff. For smaller items, its got lots of great pockets so everything is within easy reach. For some reason, I waited a long time before I broke down and got one but I really love it.

jbrandy
03-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I have a skip hop and a MacQuest and they are FABULOUS together!!! The trick is, after you click the straps around the stroller bars to push it down as far as you can. If you do that, it will not tip. The only time mine has tipped was then I put lots of shopping bags on the handles. But with the Skip Hop and 1 or 2 shopping bags hanging on the Quest I haven't had any problems.

I love this bag because it holds book well (because it is talled than traditional bags. Also the 2 front pockets are great for snacks, drink boxes, etc... There is also a mesh pocket on the side that will hold both bottles and sippy/straw cups. I love the 2 zipper pockets on the top -- 1 one of thoes I keep 2 diapers and my wipe box, and the other (which I put toward the stroller), I keep my wallet and keys. This is the bag I use the most with my toddler. I also like this bag for chuch.

The only other diaper bag I use is my small lands end diaper bag. I haven't used my large Lands End diaper bag since DS was an infant.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Best wishes!

Beth B
DS 4-4-03