PDA

View Full Version : In search of perfect bag for infant twins and toddler

ebsg
03-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I am looking for the perfect bag for my 3 month old twins and 3yo DD.
I don't really carry that much for my 3yo anymore but will need room for her folding potty seat. I originally was looking at the timbuk2 bags but I received a skip hop for a gift and now I want something more feminine. Price is not an issue although I don't want to go crazy. I have looked at the bumble bags which I think are too small. I like the PPB but I am afraid that the fabric won't hold up. I also looked at the Mothership but have mixed feelings about the vinyl covering. Can anyone give me some guidance?

EBSG

Just went to the PPB website and saw the shoulder bag. any opinions on that?

audball
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
There's been lots of info recently on the Posh Baby bags...pricey, but you may need a lot of room for twins and a small child - and I think these are pretty huge. You can see them at www.poshbaby.com. It looks like the bags are made with the vinyl as part of the fabric. I have a Timi and Leslie vinyl backpack and I can't quite get used to the look of the vinyl (although if you were thinking of a vinyl bag, it's a very nice vinyl).

Someone earlier mentioned something about the shoulder bags being a little boxy (maybe a little difficult to maneuver?). But they are big - I would just worry about the fabric tearing.

The other thing I have been debating is giving DD (who is almost 3) her own backpack for things (although the folding potty chair would probably be with me - LOL! :)), and using a "normal" - sized bag for DS (who is one).

kfcboston
03-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, as you can see from the siggie, I don't yet know what I'm talking about. :) However, I got a Kalencom bag used to try out once I'm actually getting out of the house again. I've heard the MS is a good size too, and they're supposedly coming out with a revamped version this spring. I think it will still have a vinyl-type covering though.

Good luck!

mumofellaandguy
03-06-2005, 03:57 PM
I have a 15 month old and 3 year old and I use the OiOi swirl carry all for day outings. Loads of pockets, two big side pockets for bottles and sippy cups and I hang it on the end of the double stroller. LOVE IT. Fits a ton of stuff too.