PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the OiOi Messanger!

chubbycheeks
03-05-2005, 09:22 AM
I have found a really good price on this bag, but have some questions. Does anyone know of quality issues with these? I thought I remember reading a while back about some concerns. Also, does anyone know how many interior pockets there are? I can't seem to find any pics of the inside. And finally, how does it compare in size to the Mothersip? I can find dimensions of the OiOi, but not for the Mothership. I'm going to be diapering two kiddos soon and we use cloth, so it needs to be pretty big! Thanks so much!

ShayleighCarsensMom
03-05-2005, 09:41 AM
UGH! I just typed out a post and it vanished!
Anyways...I had one that I ordered from diaperbags.com and I didnt like it. The organization was good, lots of pockets, but it was so heavy, empty!
Not to mention I had a horrible experience with diaperbags.com and I would not reccomend them to anyone! They were very friendly, but the bag took 3 weeks to arrive and when it did, it was dirty and missing pieces. I felt like they kept sending me empty promises "to try and make things right" but then they never once followed through...and then they had the gall to offer me another bag of my choice for 20% off...I thought the least they would do would be at their cost so they dont make any more money off me!
Anyways, hope I was able to answer your question!

callalillyanne
03-05-2005, 11:04 AM
I am not very familiar with the Oi Oi, but the dimensions of the Mothership are 13"H by 14"W by 5" deep.

HTH!

audball
03-05-2005, 11:45 AM
I have had really good luck with mine. I have the black lime dot (black exterior and lime green interior). There is a large interior rear pocket (runs the length of the bag), two interior front pockets, one exterior pocket that runs the length of the bag, and finally two (insulated) side bottle pockets. There is a nice changing pad, a separate insulated bottle holder, and a zippered pouch with the bag as well. The exterior of the bag is a finished nylon material. It's very lightweight and clean looking.

Some of the issues re. the quality of the bag have been with the stitching on the bag (interior and exterior. The canvas bags are supposed to be wipeable, but if you believe that, I have a flying pig to sell you! I have seen the canvas, and while nice, it will grab onto stains like no one's business.

I found that the OiOi messenger was slightly smaller than the MS, which didn't make it so overwhelming to wear. But depending on how often you change them, you may need a slightly larger bag. My bag is pretty forgiving;I can overstuff - it could probably fit 3-4 cloth diapers (do you carry the diaper covers too?). But I need extra room for DS meds (takes about 1/4 of the bag)..

Wow! In re-reading my post, I may just keep mine. I was thinking of selling it. It's held up really well over the past three years :)!

Laela
03-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Where's this good price? Share please! :-)

chubbycheeks
03-05-2005, 12:50 PM
http://www.carlapie.com/sub_dept.asp?deptid=diaperoioi

Here's the good price! I thought $88 was great, but it is one of the canvas ones. But the others aren't badly priced either. Sounds like it may work out really well for me. I have a Kecci Mommybag that I really like, but I think I need something a little bigger. I use All In Ones for out and about, so I don't need extra covers, but I do pack a change of clothes for DS and lots of snacks. I haven't seen either IRL, and I'm aweful at trying to guage things just by sizes listed on website, so all of your info has been so helpful! I am a bit concerned about the quality issues, but I think I may go ahead and try it. Anyone else with input, feel free!

mumofellaandguy
03-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi, I have a 3 and a half year old and a 15 month old and I use the OiOi Swirl Carry All every day. At first I thought it would be too big, but the compart,ents are amazing. I can find things quickly when I need too and carry a bottle on one of the external pockets, and a sippy cup for my older one in the other. It has pockets for wipes, diapers, food and even elastic for utensils. Generally I hang it over the back of the stroller (using the removable web strap) when we are out, but it can also be worn accross the bady. I think It's the same fabric as the messenger and it is NOT canvas. Nylon I think. I pop it in the washing machine on warm wash, gentle cyle - does great.