PDA

View Full Version : Updated w/PICS! PPB Shoulder Bag Review

callalillyanne
03-06-2005, 11:38 AM
To see pics go to:

http://photos.yahoo.com/callalillyanne

Here's my review of the PPB shoulder bag (Woo Woo patern):

Okay so I am still sort of a newbie, but I am going to do my best at this. Okay so a couple of weeks ago I purchased the PPB shoulder bag (not the boxy backpack) in Woo Woo. It is sort of an eggplant pattern with large, delicate pink and celedon green poppies on it.

Things I like:

Lots of pockets-

Outside pockets- one large front pocket that extends the length of the bag and contains 2 elasticized pockets that could hold diapers, wipes, etc. (although I don't use them for that for reasons stated below). There are 2 outside side pockets which could hold avent bottles, sippy cups, etc. There is a very convenient zippered cell phone pocket on the strap for easy access. There are two open pockets and one zippered pocket on the outside back of the bag (I don't use these either right now for reasons stated below).

Inside pockets- Main compartment is zipper close. Inside there is a dirty duds pouch (zippered) that velcroes to the inside wall. There is a handy key carabiner clip. There is another elasticized bottle pocket on the intererior. The rest of the main compartment is open space.

Shoulder strap is same material of the bag (the continuity is not broken up as I feel it is with the boxy backpack)

There interior of the bag is a pretty antique rose pink, which makes it very easy to locate things.

Things I don't really like:

These are pretty much the usual PPB concerns that I have read about.

The bag is so pretty that I am still a little bit scared to "deflower" it. It seems like it is vulnerable to pilling since I have already detected a few loose threads (and I have been beyond gentle with it).

The bag tends to look overstuffed when I put too much in it, or if I pack too much stuff in the outside pockets. I really like the boxy shape of this bag, and that would be compromised if I stuffed it too full. I wish more of the organization would be on the interior as opposed to the exterior.

The bag stands up on its own, but there are no metal feet on the bottom to protect it, so I am always afraid to set it down!

There tends to be a little bit of shoulder slippage when you are trying to carry a lot of things and wear the bag at the same time. Not that bad, but it might be annoying for those of you who can't stand this!

What I pack:

About 4-6 size 1-2 dipers, wipes, hand sanitizer, change of clothes, receiving blanket, a hat, burp cloth, two bottles in separate cooler that came with hospital bag, my keys, cell phone, chap stick, vacuum CD for the car (it works to stop crying!) small fat wallet, a pacifier...I think that's about it!

All in all:

The bag is really gorgeous. I didn't really pay that much attention to it on the website, but in person it's awesome! I went to a boutique and tried on ALL of the PPBs they had (I am wayyy too picky, lol), and this was the bag that "spoke" to me. I am a medium packer I would say, and it fits all of my things for a newborn very comfortably. If I wanted to stuff it, I would have tons more room! That said, I don't think it is as conspicuous looking as the boxy backpack when it is full and on your shoulder. I knew I wanted a petunia, and this is what really sold it for me!

HTH! Let me know if you have any additional questions that I did not answer!

audball
03-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Great review, Anne! I'm glad you like it so much. Nothing makes me happier than feeling organized AND having a beautiful bag! :)

priscilla73
04-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Great review, Anne! Thank you for taking the time to do that. I have always been curious about the PPB Shoulder bags. That pattern is beautiful!

shopaholic
04-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks for sharing! The bag is gorgeous.