PDA

View Full Version : For those who bought a Kecci from Overstock

ctc221
03-06-2005, 08:37 PM
I bought a Kecci bag during the coop which I love. Now that the coop is over, I want another one but not at full price. I'm interested in the pink/fuschia one at Overstock (especially now that shipping is only $1).

Were there any serious quality issues in the ones from Overstock? My main concern is about the zippers. I know there were some issues with the zippers in the older versions of the bag. I'm wondering if the zippers on these bags are the old or new ones.

Also, if anyone has seen/bought the Kecci at TJ Maxx, what section were they in? I have never seen any at TJ Maxx or any other B&M discount store.

TIA for answering my questions and helping to satisfy my need for another diaper bag!

Ranista
03-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I bought Azalea Kecci at TJ maxx for 24.99$. There is a sticker on the tag says "slightly surface damage". But to be honest, I think it's almost unnoticeable. Nothing wrong with the zippers. They are in baby section.

callalillyanne
03-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Do you know if they have the teal Kecci or any other color at TJ Maxx?
Thanks!

twofallbabies
03-06-2005, 09:46 PM
I've bought them at Nordstrom Rack, and BuyBuyBaby, but at full price. They're $36.99 at NR, and $45.99 at BBB. I will have to go to TJMaxx now, though, b/c for $24.99, I think I might need one! :)

Jessica, mama in MD to
Dillon 9/98 & Lucas 10/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
28+ months

Momof3Labs
03-06-2005, 10:06 PM
TJ Maxx also had a teal butterfly pattern.

carolshi
03-06-2005, 10:48 PM
I bought the teal one with the butterflies from Overstock and I could not see a single thing wrong with it. I haven't packed and tried to use it though. But it's a great deal, and they huge $1 shipping for the whole month of March!

HTH!!

thing1andt2
03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I was looking at this one as well. Has anyone tried to wash one yet? wash my skip hops fairly often, seems like something is always getting spilled, or dirty from the park etc. They are so cheap, but if I can't wash it it isn't worth it.

carolshi
03-07-2005, 01:54 AM
I have not tried to wash my red one, which I have had since December. I did Scotchgard it though just in case. Supposedly they are machine washable. If you look on some of the other threads under "Kecci" you may find some info on washing them.

Good luck!

callalillyanne
03-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I bought a fuschi Kecci from one of the swappers on the babybags board, but I know that she got it from Overstock. It just arrived the other day and it is beautiful!

I have a keen eye and I can kinda sorta tell where the irregularity may be in the fabric. BUT, that said, it is totally not noticeable and does not hinder the beauty or functionality of the bag in any way. I don't think anyone would see it even if I tried to show them where I thought it was! I would definitely get one. The zippers have not been a problem at all for me, they seem to work great!

HTH!

nov02mom
03-07-2005, 12:43 PM
We saw the teal one (like on Overstock) at TJ Maxx this weekend, but it had such bad issues with the fabric even I wouldn't buy it! And ya'll know how many bags I have!!!! MY DH actually liked it...he's a big butterfly person for some reason.....I'm sure it just depends on the store though......It was very hard to walk out with no diaper bag!

ctc221
03-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'm going to try my luck and check out as many TJ Maxx as I can in the area. Definitely can't beat $24.99, even with fabric defects. If anyone knows of any TJ Maxx stores in the NYC/No. NJ area with them in stock, please let me know (or LA area-- going to be there this weekend). If I don't find any, I'm going to order the fuschia one from Overstock (if still in stock).

Thanks again!

indy1710
03-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to add that I have seen some Kecci bags at my TJ Maxx here in Indianapolis, IN. They were about $24.00 and were the teal and the bright pink colors!

zoethebeagle
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
I just got my pink one in the mail today!

I LOVE it! I don't see any problems- maybe a small line in the fabric in one small spot inside under the flap but no one would ever notice!

It is even cuter in person than I thought it would be!

Erika

sdgo1972
04-05-2005, 01:21 PM
I purchased my Teal (butterfly) Kecci bag from Overstock.com and really love it. I e-mailed Kecci to find out why they were not being sold on the Kecci site, but were being sold elsewhere at half the price. They told me that the bags were not up to their quality standards and did not want to sell them through the website or boutique store. I received my bag and only since I knew that there might be problems, I found a very small run in the fabric at the bottom of the bag. It is barely noticeable and completely out of sight when I am out with it. I absolutely love it and get tons of compliments on it. I am glad that I purchased it as the bag is now discontinued and no longer being sold on the Kecci site. There is currently one Teal bag being sold on E-bay, I am sure more might pop up when people realize that they cannot be purchased anymore from Kecci.