PDA

View Full Version : best infant diaper bag if you were only purchasing ONE

gilliesgal
03-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I've been reading through a ton of posts here. . . lots of great information and pictures. From what I'm reading, I'm thinking of either purchasing the Loom marsupial or trying the Kecci as my "big" infant diaper bag. I have a tan skip hop that we purchased mostly for use with our P3 stroller and as a bag that DH would be willing to carry. But I know I need one that has a lot of room and good organization to be my primary (fun, girly, spacious) bag.

I want the option to wear it messenger style, although I think I will use it primarily over the shoulder.

So which one, ladies?? I looked at the Timi and Leslie bags that many people have referred to, and I'm not really attracted to the style of their larger bag.

This is my new obsession, now that I've bought our stroller.

Thanks!

-Kellie
DS coming on 5/07/05 or therebouts. . .

kylesmom
03-07-2005, 06:21 PM
I think it depends on a few things. I have a Loom Marsupial and for me it is not big enough at all for my son. He is 5 months old now. I use it for quick trips to the grocery store. I have a T&L large bebe and I like it. Mine is plain black nylon. I am also looking for an even bigger bag than this for long outings and OOT trips but I am a heavy packer. Alot of people love their Keccis here and they are a good size for newborns, but the fabric seems delicate IMO. I would definately get a Kecci over a Marsupial for a newborn though. Have you thought about a Mothership?

fairygodnana
03-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I have been reseaching diaper bags recently too. If i could only have one I think it would definitly be the Posh Baby bag. It can be worn messenger/shoulder/backpack style, have lots of pockets and has a wipeable surface. I also really like the overall look of the bag and the patterns available. HTH.

Chelsey333
03-09-2005, 04:23 PM
I think the Loom Marsupial is a very nice infant bag. Though, you can't stuff extra stuff in it, like a blanket. But it is a great everyday bag for an infant. That is probably what I would get if I could only choose one. My next choices would be the Fleurville A7 or Mothership.

icunurse
03-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I will forever love my Alpha 7. Practically perfect (for me) in every way. ;)
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040204/2/2/4/-6/.png[/img][/url]

tricialudao
03-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I have a kecci, a chester backpack, a mckenzie kids tote, a lesportsac everyday bag and a llbean diaper bag.

If I were to only limit myself to one, it would have to be the llbean diaper bag. It has the best organization, is the perfect size and in a classic black.

quinnsmom
03-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Is this the LL Bean bag you are talking about?

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=40299&sc1=Search&feat=sr

I have been eyeing it lately but am wondering what it "feels" like. Every bag I have always seems to hurt my shoulder when I am carrying it - makes my shoulder feel like it is being pulled down.

Thanks!

:)Michelle

mamaAnn
03-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Someone took a pic of their Skip Hop and Kecci side by side and the Kecci is smaller-FYI-since you said you wanted a "big" bag. This will give you an idea of the size.
I've also heard great things about the Lands End bags and the www.ella-bags.com
Ann

cartersmom
03-19-2005, 03:55 PM
I really like our skip hop which is the perfect size for everything we need for two boys.

tricialudao
03-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Yes, that's the one! Except I got the LARGE touring travel bag which is exactly the same as the diaper bag except without the change pad (which I don't need) for $7 less! The black LARGE touring travel bag also has a gray interior instead of a lime green interior on the diaper bag.

I'm not sure what you mean by what it "feels" like? I think if any bag is too heavy, it wouldn't be so comfortable to carry! But this one has a little rubber pad which helps. You can always order it and try it out and return it if it is not for you. :")