PDA

View Full Version : KS and Coach diaper bags

redcandy8
03-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has experience with any of these bags: KS Roger, KS Aubrey or the Coach Transatlantic. I'm looking for a higher-end bag that doesn't scream diaper bag. It's something I'd like to use for work or other functions after it's a diaper bag. Both of the Kate Spades seem to have a little more organization and are cute. The Coach is fairly plain, but is attractive to me. Just looking for opinions from anyone that has one or has seen them IRL.

TIA!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22672.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22674.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22675.jpg

nov02mom
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm not a big fan of any of these for a diaper bag...KS just don't have good organization...you mostly pay for the name. There are lots of bags that are around $150 that will serve you alot better. (Timi & Leslie, Haiku...maybe someothers I'm forgetting)

I'm a HUGE fan of Coach for purses, but overall, their babybags are HEAVY!! And that's before you load it up with baby gear. Again, you're paying alot for a name without getting the best quality diaper bag.

You've got a pretty small baby still so you're gonna need a good bag for a while.

Good luck on your search.

valdivan
03-10-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree - you can get MUCH more for your money than KS or Coach. Many mommies have been happy with haiku bags (www.haikubags.com) - have you checked out Caden Lane (www.cadenlaneco.com) or Chelsey Henry bags (www.chelseyhenry.com)?? There is a whole world of high-end diaper bags out there, especially the new Mommy Chic bag from Timi&Leslie!

happy hunting :)

Ann

Brownenuf
03-10-2005, 06:47 PM
I have the Coach bag. I got it to use a backpack. I recently found out that I am expecting, and realized that I now also have my first diaper bag. I can't speak on how the bag will work as a diaper bag yet, but it has a LOT of room and is VERY durable. I have drug the bag all over the US and Canada and it still looks new. I put books, computer gear, food, and more and it does not feel heavy...keep in mind that is without a baby on my hip :)

So that is my $0.02

callalillyanne
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
I agree with Kristen, you might consider the Haiku bag, or Chelsea Henry, Caden Lane, etc. When I first started looking for a diaper bag, I too was all about Kate Spade and Coach. But then I discovered this board and realized there is a whole vast world of exciting diaper bags out there, that don't have to look like a diaper bag and still be extremely functional! Many of these bags (including those mentioned above) look sharp and have a ton of organization (which you will be thankful for!).
I would also check out the Timi and Leslie Mommy Chic bag...it is super cute!

HTH...

ajrivers
03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
I couldn't find this on their website...do you know where you can get info on it?

Thanks! Amy

charleneand2
03-11-2005, 08:37 AM
I have the KS large tote that is choc brown with blue stitching. It is expensive and I got it as a gift from my husband for Mother's day while preggo with my twins. I can't imagine spending that money now that the boys are here. :) That being said. It is a fantastic bag. It has awesome organization, stands up on its own and the change pad is very thick and large enough to actually put the baby on. It looks nothing like a diaper bag and I will definatly have it for years to come for an all around tote. It would be just fine for work functions. I have been lurking these boards for awhile looking for the perfect bag and now I realize the KS has a lot of the features I was looking for. I would recommend the bag I have highly but I do agree there are many bags out there for a lot less money. I guess I have not helped in your decision.
Good Luck,
Charlene

audball
03-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I can only comment on the Coach Transatlantic, as I almost purchased it at the Coach Outlet store in CA. It's a nice, big bag, but the thing that bothered me the most (and I'm picky about this with totes, I guess) is that the shoulder straps didn't stay on my shoulders! I would not have used the tote function, so this was a pretty important aspect of the bag!

Whichever bag you look at, make sure you can 1.see it in IRL or 2.the store you purchased it from has a good return policy. In any case, even if you have your heart set on it, pack it up for a trial run in the house (with all your gear) and *keep the tags* (important for most vendors)!

Too many bags, so little time...:)

emmiem
03-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I have the Kate Spade Fred Backpack Diaper bag and I love it! I have been using it most every day since October. It has enough organization for me and looks very sleek and chic. I don't like floppy bags. I also have the Noel messenger which is fine after bottles and the tote which I don't use anymore because I prefer the other two styles.

Coach bags are too heavy so I don't use them anymore. Haven't picked up the newest style so can't comment on that.

I also love my Bumble messenger bag and my Haiku bag.
Michele

Serendipitous
06-06-2005, 10:56 AM
I just picked up a KS Aubrey; I was looking for some structure but not as boxy as the other KS bags, and a tote style. Plus, it seemed like such a treat at a time when I'm so not-svelte! I'm still pregnant so can't answer to its actual baby-functions, but here are my impressions so far: it is comfortable and light (seems more so than the Coach diaper bags, which I have only tried in stores) and roomy enough for me to carry water bottle, periodicals, and a Franklin Covey organizer with enough space for the diaper bag and a bottle or two. It does NOT have pen slots or a cell/PDA pocket, which I would like in a bag esp. for a working mother. I think it might be a bit small if you are formula-feeding and always toting bottles in addition to diapers and your own stuff. It's just wide and tall enough to stick a standard (not particularly small) laptop in, leaving about half the bag for other stuff but no room at the ends for the bottles; and reports are that it is very sturdy.

much luck! I also liked the Oi Oi bags ...

Little Ladybug
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
I have the pink KS Roger bag that you pictures above, and I absolutely love it. I have a Fleurville, a Skip Hop, and several other bags, but this one is my favorite. It's not as deep as some of the regular tote style KS bags, which I like, and it has plenty of pockets for my taste inside. It has a zipper pocket, a cell phone pocket, a key ring, and 3 or 4 medium sized additional pockets on the inside. It does have a "black hole" interior, but that has not bothered me. I get compliments on it everywhere I go, and it has held up beautifully thus far. I'm a big fan! :)

redcandy8
06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Thank you for all of your input. I actually bought a KS Roger a couple of months ago and love it!!

BTW - since you are all diaper bag aficionados - I also just bought a LE DIA in the Not Quite Perfect section at a LE store for $8.75!! They were all 50%. All I had to do was cut off the embroidery. That will now be the bag I take when I don't want to take the KS (like to the beach this summer).