PDA

View Full Version : Another Satisfied Customer of Chester Handbags

callalillyanne
03-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my Chester diaper tote in Florette (that I snatched up at the VERY end of the Feb. discount offer!) the other day. I took it out of the box and immediately was impressed! Not only is it much better looking IRL than on the the website (the web pics are NOT a good gauge), but it appears to me that it is really well constructed. It seems to be really sturdy, but not stiff, if you KWIM.

I like that it is a "vinyl" bag, but it is laminated in such a way that the fabric is not separate from the vinyl, as it is with the Fleurvilles. It is also not as shiny as the motherships, which is something I thought I wouldn't like, but in fact I think it looks kinda classy :) The interior is black, but I am not too concerned abpout the "black hole" effect...there is good organization.

I purchased the backpack and the tote, to see which one I like. While I do love the backpack, I am still am not quite sure if I am a true backpack girl. Also, the fact that the tote has lots of organization sold it for me. There are two inner pockets side-by-side on one side of the interior, and one long zippered pocket that runs the length of the bag on the other side. There are also two interior bottle pockets. There is a cushy changing pad that comes in it's own pouch, and a matching cosmetic bag. On the ouside of the bag there are two side pockets for bottles and such- big enough to fit Avents. While I am a tall girl (5'10"), the straps still were roomy enough for me to carry the bag comfortably. I know some people had some concern about this, but it didn't seem to be a problem for me.

While I haven't packed it up yet, I am so impressed with this bag! They are true to their claim that the tote is very roomy without looking or feeling like a big bag. I expect to fit a substantial amount in this bag.

I already want another one! I might trade in my backpack for another color, or go for the classic...a whole world of possibilities is before me, lol :)

I will try to post pics, but if you do a search you can find Priscilla's review of the backpack in the same fabric (Florette). Priscilla- your review and comments were right on! I totally agree :)
I definitely encourage everyone to try one of these bags. At the sale prices (there's still free shipping for March!), they can't be beat!