PDA

View Full Version : Question about Chester bags

zoethebeagle
03-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I just got my Chester backpack in Candy Stripe- LOVE it!

I also ordered the Mom Classic Diaper bag but I'm on the fence. While I love the super cute pattern, the straps seem very short to me (I'm 5'6'') and it seems to hit too high up on my side. Also, I don't understand why there are barely any inside pockets and organization compared to the tote style.

Can anyone give me some insight on the comparison of the classic diaper bag versus the diaper tote? Are the straps any longer on the tote? Anyone have any helpful pictures of the tote- maybe the inside, too?

Also, I read somewhere on the boards that Chester is coming up with new styles with more pockets for cell phones and insulated bottle pockets. Any news on when these are due out?

Thanks!
Erika

audball
03-11-2005, 10:03 PM
I have the same Classic Diaper bag and unfortunately (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!), I think the Classic has longer straps that the Diaper Tote. The straps work ok on me, but I'm 5'2" and not much of a tote gal, so I don't know where totes are supposed to hit when worn over the shoulder :).

I think that the tote style was updated to accomodate the lack or organization in the classic. The style updates you mention in the last paragraph are supposed to have been incorporated in their messenger style bags (they are slowly updating all their fabrics to include a messenger). Not too sure if they include insulated bottle pockets, but you can read about the messenger details in the diaper bag section (none are offered on the sale page yet).