PDA

View Full Version : My baby is here and I need a new diaper bag!

LoriH
03-20-2005, 12:15 PM
My DS is 3 weeks old and I have been using my Kecci bag and I like it but it's not big enough. The changing pad takes up so much space in the main compartment that there is not a lot of room for other items.

I need recommendations for bags that are bigger and have more organization. I would also like something that has a place for me to put the items that I would normally carry in my purse like my keys, wallet, cell phone, etc. I think that I am interested in a messenger type bag.

Here is what I normally carry in my bag:

Disposable changing pad
4-5 diapers
wipes
balmex
1 extra outfit and t-shirt
pacifier
burp cloth

I like the look of the new Skip Hop Dash but I am not sure how big it really is and what it looks like inside.

TIA

squimp
03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
No suggestions for a bigger bag (the Kecci is my biggest!), but I did want to say that you can put your changing pad in the back zippered compartment, to make more room for stuff in the main compartment of the Kecci.

babystuffbuff
03-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I just bought a Land's End bag for my sister-in-law, and it is awesome. It isn't a messenger bag, but I think it has everything else that you are looking for. It comes with its own changing pad that fits in an outside pocket on the back of the bag. It has a center divider (a pocket) that can be unsnapped and taken out if you don't want it, as well as a bunch of mesh pockets on the sides of the bag's interior. There is a good-sized pocket on the front that would carry your keys, cell phone and wallet, and there are two bottle pockets on the outside too. The changing pad is a great size, and it also has two little zipper pockets on it that you could stick a damp washcloth in to wipe a sticky face. :) Here it is:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_52358_53390_109422_87869_5:view=-1,00.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_53025&sid=0034150465731115080

We got her the red one (to match her Metalica P3), and it is a great, true red color. The inside is a pretty bright blue. :) It also opens up very wide, so you can easily see everything that is inside. The size is good too; it is 15" x 11" so it is big, but not so huge that it is unmanageable. I would highly recommend it.

Hope that helps.

mamaAnn
03-20-2005, 05:21 PM
I've seen some pics somewhere of the Dash(not sure where now) but it looks like it's a good size bag-bigger than the Kecci IMO. Check out the dimensions on www.happydaybaby.com to compare.
Ann

MMEand1
03-21-2005, 04:05 PM
I too put the changing pad in the back zippered part. That leaves me room for my 2 DC (my 2 yo DS and my 9 week old DD). I am an over-packer and this is what I keep in my Kecci:

1 travel case of wipes
3-4 sz 5 disposable diapers
2-3 sz 1 disposable diapers
3-4 cloth diapers
2 diaper covers
1 outfit for my DD
1 undershirt for my DD
1 flannel blanket
1 bib
1 burp cloth
1 take n' toss cup for my DS
1-2 snack size ziplock bags of cheerio's
1 20oz bottle of water
1 wet bag for dirty cloth diapers/clothes
Changing pad (in back zippered pocket)
book for me (in back pocket)

Moving the changing pad to the back made all the difference in the world. I love my Kecci and have recieved numerous comments on it!

Mariah P.

EDIT: I ment that it leaves me room for my 2 DC's things...not that I put my 2 DC in the bag (LOL!!!)

whittyanne
03-21-2005, 06:22 PM
How about a Fleurville Mothership? That's definitely nice and big enough for your needs. It comes with a key clip, side pockets, inside pockets big enough for two bottles, a section for diapers and wipes...

And they come in such cute patterns:)
http://www.fleurville.com/mothership.asp

jk3
03-21-2005, 08:06 PM
I agree with this recommendation. The Mothership is huge and has terrific organizational features.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png